Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,644 Members

Please welcome our newest members: EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO, SBUENVIAJE

Back on Track

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anerol,   Thank you and your welcome!

Red
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red, I was very inspired by your post. Thank you.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi reddesertflower,

It is great to hear that you went to your swimming exercise class. It sounds like you are making a large effort to get back on track with your exercise classes. You make a great point in your post, just because you think you something will not be fun or that you will not be able to handle it, may not necessarily be true. This demonstrates the importance of challenging those negative thoughts and using positive self-talk.

Members, how have you challenged negative thoughts recently? How has this helped you try something different or have a new experience? If you haven't been able to try something new lately, what new experience would you like to try?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am hoping, I am getting ready for work now. Negative thoughts are creeping in but I am trying to ward them off. I went down and rode the bike for 5 minutes before my shower
mammakim,
Thank you , that is very sweet of you to say.

I hope you have a better day tomarrow.  You will be in my prayers.

Good night, mammakim.

reddesertflower
aka   Red
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am glad you had a good time  :) 
Today I went to a swimming exercise class at the YWCA.  It has taken me almost 5 months to get back on track.  I started going back to my water exercise in Jan of this year when I was called to jury duty.  Jury duty was all I could think about and the anxiety/panic was high.  I got thought the jury duty with the help of this program but couldn't get myself to go to my exercise class again till now.  I worked on this program and kept challenging my anxious and negative thoughts and would not give up.
Today I was able to leave my house and go to my swimming class.  I was a little afraid about being in the class and you know what, it was just fine.  I had a good time in the class and stayed after to do some laps and got to know some of the ladies in the class.  We all talked and laughed and I was very comfortable.  It just goes to show that most of the anxious and negative thoughts that I have are not valid and things can and do turn out good and happy and positive.  One more negative thought replaced with a positive thought and experience.  One of the things I learned in the depression center before I came here to this site was just because you think something will not be fun and that you will not be able to handle it or you not like it, may not be true.  You will never know until you leave your house and go out and try it.  You just might like.  I have learned a lot from the programs here.  They have enriched my life and made it so much better.  You really can get better. You never quit learning. Life is a journey.  I hope my story inspires you to work hard on the program and never give up on yourself.

reddesertflower

aka   Red

Reading this thread: