Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

It does get better

15 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lovine, great to hear that you're making progress and have such a good attitude! 

One thing that I do, in addition to the sunlight thing, is put on great music. That really helps me a lot.  The local cable company has great music channels on the cable box thru the TV.  I can put on a particular genre, and it's non-stop good music with no commercials.  I find that putting on the music during the day, helps me stay active.. which helps with any mood issues.  It encourages me to exercise, too, which helps the PD.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lovine9,

Thank you for posting your positive experiences with the changes you have incorporated into your daily lifestyle.

Exercise, exposure to sunlight, eating and hydrating well, positive thinking, smiling often and getting good quality sleep are definitely effective strategies to help elevate your mood! You have selected a good range of effective activities to enhance your sense of wellbeing!

Members, please share a single activity that you have found to help you enhance your mood or uplift you when you are feeling depressed?

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to share this with the new members.  I'm fairly new with PD and PA too-- Mine started March 16-- (and I remeber the day all too well=)
I tried my best not to avoid anything. 
I did habituation (just staying with the attacks)--though I still cant do this while having a BIGGIE PA. 
During the time I was deeply depressed I forced myself to get sunlight 5-15 minutes in the morning ang in the afternoon. 
I also exrecised at least 20 mm=inutes a day during this time I was depressed.
I stopped taking naps when I was having trouble sleeping- it worked!
I tried to smile 3x a day and worked my way up.

I felt progress in two weeks and now I dont think Im depressed anymore.  I still feel sad because I have PD.  I still feel scared of having another PA but I guess I feel more confident now or rather I feel braver and more hopeful that it will get better and maybe completely overcome this.

With work.... It does get better. =)

Reading this thread: