Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,663 Members

Please welcome our newest members: kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725

Left Home for First Time in Nearly a Year

19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sue89, Thanks for sharing your story with us. You should see this as a major accomplishment - and gain strength from it! Four days is a long time. You were lucky to have the support of your sister-in-law. You should feel very proud of yourself. Hope to hear from you again soon, Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know if I really feel like this was a success, because it still hasn't registered inside. However, last weekend I left home for the first time since October of 2003 and actually stayed away for 4 days. Our home was right in the path of Hurricane Charley, and we were left without phone or power for 4 days (no other damage, though). Getting through the night of the storm without totally losing it was a success in itself I guess. At one point in the storm a police officer sent me into a panic when he told us our neighbor had a "huge" propane leak and we may need to evacuate. I was so not ready to leave the house, especially to go riding in a hurricane. Fortunately, they capped off the leak and we spent the night at home. Then the next day we found out power would not be restored for several days, so my sister's family invited us to stay with them. I get heat exhaustion very easily and it was going to be a hot day without air conditioning, so I really had no other choice but to go. Since my sister is well- acquainted with anxiety disorders it was probably the best place I could have gone if I had to go somewhere. I got through the four days in a strange place (I'd never been to my sister's house before), and except for a bit of a sleep deficit I made it through fairly well. I didn't even feel carsick on my way there and back. I was so glad to get home, though.

Reading this thread: