Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Meditation

12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi eles and sunny, 
I like those suggestions as well. 
what helped me is by saying " ahhh" when I breath out or 'relaaaaax'  too. 
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:  Love those suggestions.  So true.  I often take a break even in winter just to sit outside and let the sun shine on me.  It feels so good, taking deep clean breaths.  Another tip I learned during meditation - imagine breathing in clean soft lilac coloured air into your lungs, let it swirl around and purify and then upon exhaling, imagine it a swampy dirty brown colour as it holds all the negatives, the impurities.

Just another idea,
Sunny
12 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi eles7,

Thank you for sharing. These are all excellent suggestions.

How does it feel knowing you can take control of your anxiety with these strategies?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I was first diagnosed with panic disorder and was seeing a therapist she introduced me to yoga and meditating. At first I thought it was strange but after doing it and experiencing the calming effects, I was amazed at how relaxed I was. I don't do yoga anymore but every night before I go to sleep, I put on relaxing music and I focus on my breathing and clear my mind. My therapist taught me that when you breath out, you should breath out heavily and push out all of your anxiety.

I also find that during the day at work or in life when I am beginning to become stressed, I clear my mind and focus on my breathing (doing it as discreetly as possible). Also I try to find time to enjoy the simple things in life. At work I always make sure to go outside for at least 15 minutes and just let the sun shine on me. My mom always told me that you have to remember that as bad as you think you have it, there is always someone out in the world whose situation is worse than yours!

Hope these tips help!

Reading this thread: