Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Shortness of Breath

8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ashley & CT. I do have a new heart diagnosis(murmur), but I have to wait to have the gravity of it tested, and I also have parastheis by carpal tunnel syndrome, so it's scary. All this happened with some virus and/or asthma symptoms, and ended up in ER twice. It's better safe than sorry. Another test is lung, but all this is waiting. The doc said one of his and a colleague's patients collapsed from asthma....I think I'll just take it easy, and freeze my gym membership, which has been sporadic for 5 weeks.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't really know the answer to this question either.  

I don't really get shortness of breath (SOB) with my anxiety.  

I do have asthma, and when I have a cold and it acts up, I can get very short of breath with walking.  This SOB is different than the SOB you get from a really good cardio workout.

Sorry...this isn't really helpful.  I would guess if other physical causes of possible SOB have been ruled out (eg asthma, COPD or other pulmonary issues, or cardiac issues) then you can assume the SOB a person is feeling from anxiety.
8 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great question Hugs. I am not sure. I think the best way to get that question answered would to ask your Doctor about your symptoms. To my understanding anxiety symptoms can mimic other health issues; so, if you have any concerns it is always best to check with a doctor.

I am wondering what other members think? Can you tell the difference between shortness of breath from anxiety vs. physical issues?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's the difference between shortness of breath from anxiety versus from physical issues?

Reading this thread: