Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Worrying about his health

8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the great advice. I can see how some of those strategies could work.
8 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The sister site can certainly help in providing information - thanks for mentioning Davit!

It is very hard for people to change for another person. Your husband has to want to change for himself in order to be successful. There are things you can try that may influence positive change though. You can be clear about your feelings and fears. You can help him to set small, specific goals and reach them. You can lead by example by exercising, eating well and setting goals for yourself. You can also buy and prepare healthy foods and have them on hand. You can ask him what small changes he wants to make and help him to make those changes. You can also share small bits of information with him. Be sure to ask if he wants to hear the info first anf be kind and non-judgemental when presenting information as sometimes people can become defensive about lifestyle change.

Do any of these strategies appeal to you?
Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you for pointing that out :)
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is a healthy weight sister site here.

Davit
My husband is quite overweight. and he has that protruding tummy doctors warn us about as being bad for heart attacks and such. 

He eats badly and doesn't exercise.

I worry about his health all the time. Lately I can't seem to stop obsessing about it.

What can I do?

Reading this thread: