Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Very low energy during the day

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No I never got any support, I became what I am on my own. Totally. It was no loss. Money is very handy and I had no shortage. I did what I wanted to do and was happy, but had to work very hard sometimes. Some times long hours with no encouragement. But it was my choice. I don't regret not staying in electronics because I will never know how it would have gone. If I had of applied the diligence to it as I did to my other jobs I would have gone far, but would I have been as happy. Well obviously I would have been happy or not stayed. Even with support. What I did I was meant to do. Because I could afford to do what I wanted to, not what I had to do. Not everyone is that lucky or willing to make sacrifices for what they want. All the what if's can not change the past but you can change the present which will soon be the past. You have to do what you are doing with all your heart or do something you can do that way.

Davit
9 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, now I see I gived up and choose avoidance about my business. It seam you did it too at young age about electronics. That´s why we regret so much. We didn´t have the social support (family would be enough) we needed at that stage so that we can forward our aims.
When I was very young I fixed radios and Tv's. My dad let his friends not pay me. I closed my business. If I had of stayed in Electronics I'd be rich today. The past is past and doesn't count. I've made enough mistakes. 
I got lazy this winter, no other way to put it. I'm trying to get up earlier every day and get more done. Being retired is not a good excuse but I use it anyway. I'm old and wore out, what does it matter. I miss being able to work, and I miss the money and taking in room mates doesn't work. If I had of known old age would be like this I would have taken more chances and saved more money. It is hard to have fun without money. Harder without health. One day this will all be over so I should really make the best of it. On that note does it really matter. Happy is what matters and I'm not depressed. Just tired in mind and body. Waiting for spring.

Davit

Thank you for trying to help. I don´t have panick attacks now as before, the program really helped me. 

Jaydee, since my childyouth I like adventurous sports related to nature. It´s the only thing it occurs in my mind now. I have difficult to find little rewards, may be the scent of a candle would be a good ideia to start too. It´s hard for me to think of little rewards because small pleasures is something dificult to feel now. 

Davit, I´ve been medicated for low-moderate depression for the last 20 years. My business get wrong when I felt dispointed beacuse a competitor made a copy of my business and half of my clients gonne to this competitor. I got disapointed because I felt that "crime does pay" instead of "crime does not pay". Since than I never felt motivated to work as before again.
First thing is ruling out a physical reason.  Second is ruling out clinical depression, that needs medication to rebalance neurotransmitter chemicals. Usually seratonin. Third after these have been ruled out would be finding a reason to change your thoughts and actions. This means finding a reason why you feel the way you do so you can change it. The longer you have been this way the harder it is to change. But you did get a business up and running, what went wrong?

Davit
9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Agua,

Sorry for my delayed response. I couldn't find your post after logging out and I wanted to respond sooner. It wasn't showing up as a new post anymore.

Since this is anonymous site, I don't know your gender, age, location or anything about you other than we share the same anxiety/panic disorder. I want to be a friend to you on here. I want to help you motivate yourself. What are your likes? What do you enjoy doing? How do you reward yourself when you set a goal and accomplish it?

I can relate to feeling comfortable in my own bed. My bed is very comfy, I have a soft fuzzy heating blanket too. It's one of my favorite places to read books and fall asleep. I set an alarm on my cell phone and my alarm clock and I made a deal with myself that I can hit the snooze button one time only. I also took the curtains off the window so when I open my eyes to hit the snooze on alarm I know its daylight. My cell phone is set for 10 minutes later. I had room darkening curtains for years, now they're gone. Daylight is healthy. Find something you want as a reward for accomplishing your first goal of not sleeping in. Make sure you reward yourself. I have chocolate as a reward. Sometimes its a scented candle, or something more pricey. It makes accomplishing your goal more worthwhile.

You can do this, and I'm looking forward to reading about your success.

Today my mother visited me at my house and wake me up at 13:30 PM. If wasn´t she may be I continue in bed. Being in bed is like avoiding life, I feel confortable there. 
I don´t feel motivation for being up all day. I run my own business, but I don´t open it in the morning. This is causing me money problems. I´m not sad, I´m with lack of motivation, don´t enjoy my job, because I know when I finished it, I´ll be alone at my home, a lot of silent there.
I feel joy when I´m with friends, at a dinner for example. I´m trying a lot of ways to have friends I like, but I continue being alone.
Last 10 years I´ve been focused running my own business, I had sucess. When I worked I don´t thinked in my life, but I turned like a computer machine, with no feelings or thoughts, just obsessed with work. Now I don´t wan´t to continue doing that, but I see my life is empty, with a lot of silence around me.

Reading this thread: