Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

challeging a negative thought from a friend

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Too many times have I passed up an opportunity on some on else's advice. I'm a man and men are stereo typed as wanting only one thing. Being married is pretty hard to hide. I might be different but if I was interested in a lady I would tell her anything she wanted to know. Anything. It all comes out eventually anyway. It can take a year to get to know someone. There are four seasons in a year and people are often different in each one. If someone isn't willing to give you a year to get to know them then you could consider them not serious. They can still be fun to be with just not someone you give your heart to. 

Just my opinion. 

Davit.
9 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Recently I share with 3 diferent friends a new event from my life. I meet a new person that I like, it´s very recently, we are knowing each other. Everithing could happen, nothing is granted, I know.
I was happy to share with these friends, but their reaction was expressed in negative pre-formed ideias from romance in these days. For example, one said "that could be not truth what he said", other "may be he is married".
I didn´t wanted, but these reactions partially influenced me in negative way. These thoughts were in my head and because of my doubts I didn´t go to a date I planned. I regret that so much, because my date becamed very sad with me.
I learned to trust my feeling and thoughts, and try not to be influenced by others.
Since everithing could happen in future, and normally positive leads to positive, and negative leads to negative, we should chouse positive way. Even a positive thought could transform a negative one, so I´ll try to choose always this path.

Reading this thread: