Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Off the deep end

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

A book you might be interested in and anyone else for that matter.  Puttin' Cologne on the Rickshaw. William Bouffard.

Davit
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember banging my knee in a restaurant and using a piece of logger language out loud. A little too loud. I looked under the table and said "must be mice" Some lady smiled and said "must be". I could do little more than smile back.

Gailerina. 
If that makes you weird you are in the worlds biggest club. Different maybe but I doubt that even. I know a lot of people that talk out loud to help them remember. One of them is the most normal nurse I know. Who has had panic attacks too.
Talking yourself down out loud is a CBT technique. Old bill who just stopped in to visit is a very smart man but talks to himself all the time and has a fantastic memory. 

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gailerina,
One day I realized that there's no such thing as "normal".

What I found amusing was that someone remarked about Bluetooth by stating  that you can't "tell the normal people from the not-so-normal".

I think they're finding that blue tooth technology is making it more dangerous, and those "normal" people using it are making everyone more at risk, for example.

So they're not "normal", nor are those who are being condescending.

If you I at the beauty of nature at a microscopic level, or most levels different from ours, I realize what a wonderful world it is, as I get more to nature, the garden...

"Normal" is a statistical term for me now, and just a frame of reference.

Gotta get some "retail therapy" shopping for humidifiers, and drawing up a spreadsheet to compare first
10 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I talk to myself at times and when people hear me they can look at me weird.

I've tried to accept I'm weird and if others think that, it is ok.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today, I was in my car in what I though was a private space, and just said something loud(with the doors closed), expressing my frustration.  Another member noticed me, and might have heard, and I felt silly.

I wonder if others have felt embarrassed in some situation, because of a quirk?

Reading this thread: