Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Misplaced anger

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Vincenza,
I don't usually take anything with me, but I'll have to think of something which won't spoil.

At home, I can have a yogurt, but I prefer taking cheese with bread.  Combining a carb with protein reduces insulin spikes, which cause eating issues.

I spaced out, and tuned out at church.  There's a tradition where we pay a nominal feel to remember someone has passed away, but they spelled the name wrong in the church bulletin/flyer.  I was okay with it, but mom's going to let me hear about it.  I spent time trying to figure out what to do, since she expects to see it in the church bulletin, and I mentioned that it was announced last week at the service(although I missed it).

Having missed the deadline for printing, they agreed to show it in this weeks bulletin.

As I wondered whether I should have it modified at another printer, I decided when I got home(I missed hearing much of the homily since I was too busy worrying) that I'd just use correction fluid.  It concerned me that I might do this, since there is so much to do, in caregiving.  I was amused by the fact that I could be creative about this, and kind of mischevious, however.

Maybe it will be alright.  I have a new kind of pasta today, that I found in the cupboard...
Also, to my credit, I wasn't critical with the staff, who asked me if I noticed this morning as I went to the church, and I pleasantly replied.
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hugs4U, 

You bring up a very good point connected to food and mood.  Some people do get irritable or short if their blood sugar is low.  Good idea to bring snacks with you.  What is your usual go to snacks?  
Try to choose healthy ones - nuts, seeds, fruit etc..  and try to avoid the chocolate bars. 
Vincenza, Health Educator
Today I was disportionately irritated with the membership at the gym because I thought they gave me the wrong information about a class.  Also, the instructor of a class didn't contact me, and I've missed the first class of a course.

I'll apologize to the membership person.  Fortunately, there should be room in the class, and I'm glad I made the effort to find out why I was contacted, since I need to get some different meditative exercise, and this is ideal.

Maybe I was grouchy since I didn't have enough to eat, so I'll try to travel with snacks.

It's funny that there's a commercial about a person who gives an irritable person a chocolate bar to calm them!  It's like the gesture of offering someone with bad breath a mint
Hi Ashley,

I do occasionally, when things get triggered, but usually I try to get about with daily life.  Would it be productive, since it feels like whining, and I don't wish to bring people down?
10 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It sounds like your old work place is a huge trigger for you hugs. Seeing a uniform and being enraged certainly signals some unresolved feelings.

Working there must have been very hard for you. Do you think it would help if you wrote about it to us?

We're always here to listen (read)

Ashley, Health Educator
I felt rage as I did my shopping today, since I saw someone with the uniform of my old employer.

What concerns me, is that I didn't know the employee, although I didn't interact with him, as he did his shopping. Maybe he was a good employee?

Reading this thread: