Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Overwhelmed with too much time and too many options

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren,
Its wonderful when anyone responds here, since life can get so testy with challenges.  Sometimes I don't want to burden  email friends, and family ties have loosened, so I don't want play "the obligation" card.

I think I could slow down as mom gets a rest herself.  As I look around, and see how much it takes to run a household, I feel as though I've been avoiding "reality", since cooking,cleaning,laundering,maintenance take so much elbow grease and skill. 

I was dehydrated today since I couldn't go to the bathroom, and am getting back on track.  The yoga class that was supposed to help me is so chatty, and it's irritating me, since I'd like quiet.  What is worse, the instructor doesn't like the AC on, and keeps telling us how "beneficial" getting used to heat can be.  Maybe the 8 cups of coffee she has are affecting her judgement daily

As challenging as life seems, it could be worse.

I saw a thread on core beliefs, and need to resume those daily affirmations to remind myself that I'm capable of getting things done
11 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs...sounds like you need a retreat....
I am sorry about your mom,wish her well..but your important too....
Your doing good by just take one thing at a time,and focus on yourself more right now...you do need calm in your life right now,and balance too..i hope it all works out for the good..
Bren

Hi Ashley,

It’s so wonderful to have support! I just wish I had the courage to use this during my last years of work, but I was afraid to, as I’m sure the silent viewers are.

Today’s plan was to start to resume some routine, similar to the past, so I could build on it. With a long “to do” list, and many concerns for easing mom into hospital, I’m feeling depleted.

So today I started by just working out, and feeling good, seeing the chiropractor(he was too busy networking to attend to me in a reasonable time since I think he doesn’t get enough patients), and iron out some issues with the hospital staff, and return home. I did this okay!

The ride home on public transit was stressful. Three(not one!) people tried to sneak into the bus by the back, and then one verbally attacked the conductor. The person sitting beside me was rude as well, since she wanted her bundle buggy to occupy the seat I wished to use.   Maybe I’ve had too much time on the “the couch”, but I believe that 1 in 5 people have mental health issues, and on public transit, that would be similar, so this is understable.

In the garden at home, where I’d like to find tranquility, I was bothered again, by the nosy neighbour who wanted to know where my mom was.   I kept the blind down, since I just wanted privacy, and it keeps the heat out.

I don’t share my mom’s compassion for our neighbour’s smallmindedness, since our neighbour once noticed that our back door was open in Februrary for an extended time. Her concern prompted her to call in her german Sheppard dog, while we were robbed.

She could have called us to see if we were in, but she just thinks about herself, and is a nuisance.
I did feel better when a couple of cousins called since they're gathering data for a project, and they'll probably spell me visiting the hospital, although I think mom will be in good hands within a couple of more days, once some other issues are worn out.  Apparently there was some conflict over a chair in a hallway....it can get testy in those narrow hospital corridors

I could have a look at that “role transitions” module, and it’s been suggested that I use my worry records

11 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling frazzled. Feel free to talk to us about how you are feeling whenever you need to.

Any change in schedule or roles can cause stress. Try to think of this as a normal and temporary transition. You may want to check out the session on Role Transitions for more info. Making a schedule for yourself with plenty of pleasant and accomplishment activities is also a good idea. Yet, be easy on yourself. You may feel a bit down or anxious due to this shift - if you need a break take one. What's the plan for today?

Ashley, Health Educator
With the recent hospitalization of my parent,  I'm feeling I have too much time, too many options and I'm not sure when is the best time to visit her.  I thought I'd have some "me" time, as a full-time caregiver, but I just feel frazzled

Reading this thread: