Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,576 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Good salesmen

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great advice from Pimlico for you Tam!

Working through the program and the Cognitive Behavioural exercises trains you to do exactly the type of mental exercise that Pimlico is suggesting. Self-talk and recognizing that you have survived previous intense episodes are also useful tools.

Challenge yourself when these anxious thoughts occur again to reflect the outcome you are hoping for. You will be surprised at how much control you do have over your thoughts - and the more you practice this the easier it will get. The salesman will eventually bugger off!

Keep us posted.

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just keep telling the salesman he is wasting his time.  You are not buying ever and he will stop calling.

14 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I know that I am not supposed to "buy" what my anxious thoughts are selling but it's amazing how good of a saleman they can be. It's like my mind stores bits and pieces of information about general everyday things that are later used against me during attacks. I might have a small symptom such as a minor ache or pain and then later while having an attack my mind will say," see there really is something wrong because earlier you had that unexplained ache or pain..." and then I might remind myself that I am okay and not dying because everyother time I have been okay but then again the salesman will go on to say,"no but this time is different...this is it this time..." It really is a hard battle.

Reading this thread: