Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

need a little help

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

Just wanted to chyme in by saying I know that if I feel too poorly I get super anxious. I get totally irationnal.

I have to still agree with Birdie in a way though. If I am feeling somewhat ill but not extremely ill, I still figure that I should give myself a break since I am sick so my anxiety goes down... weird. Anyway, so I guess for me it either makes me less or more anxious depending where I am on a continuum of how sick I feel.  Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else but me but there it is LOL.

-Diva
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats the spirit Mya !!!!!

Ok this might sound weird , but im going along with something Birdie said 'ish' . I was really quite poorly a few months back . Had a teamperture and an awful cough , you know the usual nasty bug . Well my axiety was better because i had that to concentrate on . Blew me away that did .

15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys........
i always am thinking my anxiety symptoms are caused by something else.... im sooooo ready to get on with my life!!!!! You guys are all very supportive and it truly helps!

15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being sick or tired is when I do feel more fatigued but sometimes I don't even have the energy to  think so sometimes I'm less anxious,
because I know I'm actually sick and not just thinking I'm sick. LOL  now how sick is that...LOL
That is when I know I have to be gentle with myself and just give myself a break and take it one day at a time!
Hope you have a good day!
Birdie

15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All the time for me! And even if I feel at my best, I am looking for any symptoms to make sure I am ok. But of course that makes me more anxious and it's a sad cycle. I remember the time when flus were nothing to me and I'd go to school so happy with a 100 degree fever... life was so 'easy' back then! Now if I eat too less, eat too much, sleep too less, haven't released at the bathroom, something is wrong with me!
15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mya,

You've received some good feedback from the members so far. Let's hear it from the rest, do you feel more anxious or experience more panic attacks when you are feeling ill?

You're doing a great job at reporting your feelings and recognizing your anxious thoughts. Continue to challenge these thoughts and track them.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mya

I've had had this problem the whole time I've been on meds... Whenever I get sick it's almost as though they stop working.. Don't panic.lol... it's short lived..
Apparently this is quite common as our bodies are so focused on fighting infection that everything kinda goes "haywire"... Be assured though that it will rebalance itself.  This is a great time to put some of your "practices" into play ...sounds like you're doing quite well though.  Way to go..
That time of the month is also another problem for myself.. and that's when a lot of women "top up their dose" to combat the hormones... Something you can talk to your doc about if this also affects you.
When I'm sick or at that dreaded time.. I really try to use my diet effectively.. Eating foods full of Omegas..B vitamins.. etc. oh and I try to up my excercise / outside time to try to up the endorphins  Things that help us balance naturally...  I figure it can't do anything but help when I'm feeling a bit "edgy"...
The meds are just a tool.. and there is always work to still do... but Mya your days are getting easier already... Look how much better the month has been..

Take care and I hope you both feel better...

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mya , sorry to hear you are feeling out of salts ATM .

Absolutly is my answer !! When i feel poorly or even tired im 10 times more anxious and more prone to PA's . 

Goodluck with teh therapy seesion today as well
15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So....as alot of you know I have been doing alot better sence starting medication almost a month ago...today has been a little hard...i have been sick this past week, congested and achy...yesterday I started getting nauseas and a little dizzy....today the same..I was separating my laundry this morning and felt pretty dizzy while doing that which set me off into a mini panic attack...so my problem i am struggling with is the anxious thoughts...my daughter stayed home from school yesterday because she wasn't feeling well so  I am trying to tell myself that i probably  have what she does...but of course my mind says different...maybe a brain tumor is making me nauseous  and dizzy..or a heart problem ?Or maybe I have a immune system deficiency...as I write these things they do sound kind of far fetched but...those are my thoughts...I have therapy today at noon so I am looking forward to that...so guys...do you get more anxious when you are not feeling well physically??

Reading this thread: