Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Vitality

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, 

Yes if focus is combined with priority and the whole lot is wrapped in acceptance. Then there is no need for negative thoughts or rumination. 
Pick your priorities and be prepared to maybe have to set them aside if something more important comes up. Can you multitask any of them so you have more time. Laundry and dishes. Folding cloths and watching TV. Folding cloths, watching TV and planning tomorrow.

Concern is very different from worry. Focus on what you are doing with concern in the background to keep you grounded. Worry though will cause you to lose focus.

Like this morning, it just started raining so my priority has switched from weeding the garden to weeding a green house with concern for what else I can do if it continues to rain. Last option of course is to weed in the rain, yuk.
But I can make stakes for the pea fence in my shop so I have an option.

Davit.

Ps We all lose focus when things start to pile up. This is where acceptance can really help.
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Davit Is focus the opposite of negative thought/rumination?
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Negative thought can really drag a person down. Muscles turn to lead and the brain turns to mush. Determination can give you the vitality to do things you never thought you could. This spring has proved that to me. I'm getting far more done than I have in years and doing it without stress.

Davit
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder how others' energy level is affected by anxiety? Maybe it was the start of summer, but I felt really vibrant this weekend. I made a major decision who I'm going to work with on a renovation. Also, and maybe I'm just a late bloomer, but I had some pleasant interactions over the weekend, showing more confidence than normal, when running into one gym member, and shopping. I'm probably sleeping better with taking a Tylenol, and it paid off long term darkening my room for better sleep. Can't say I don't feel overwhelmed, though.

Reading this thread: