Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

Mountains into Moehills

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Usually I get it the other way around.  Today I found something may be sneaking into the garage, since there is a wooden board I never addressed, which was perforated, and could allow some squirrel into an old wooden garage where my car is.

I learned about a skilled trade term called a  "drip edge", and added it to my vocabulary of things-I-wished-I'd-known-years-ago.

Apparently its a means of sealing the edge around the top of a roof where the shingles meet the roof, so that water slides off.

This old garage doesn't have one, and it appears the roof is vulnerable to anything that wishes to get in. 

I've made a  makeshift mesh fencing to see if anything tries to get in overnight as I assess the situation.

Hopefully my mind will settle, and allow me to sleep without analyzing the whole thing, since the best that can be done may not solve the problem entirely. 

Tomorrow is another day...I certainly wish I could take a course to let my mind roam freely and enjoy the rewards and engagement in a large group of people.  The down side is that I have to conform to the structure of a programme, and perform according to  someone else's standards.

Isn't the grass always greener on the other side of the fence?

Reading this thread: