Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Changes and What If thinking

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vincenza,

Thanks for listening and for taking the time to post..Your caring and compassionate words do make a difference in my world out here..It's comforting to feel less alone in all this and your one act of kindness does lessen the anxiety of what I am going through...

I regret to say I have taken to smoking the last couple of days but with support like yours I am sure I can get through all this and put down the smokes once more..

Thanks for being here,

Red.. 

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red1, 

I'm sorry you have to deal with the mess and confusion of getting to see your doctor.  I'm also glad you caught this oversight prior to your appointment.  I hope you're able to sort things out this coming week and receive the care you need!  
Thinking of you,
Vincenza, Health Educator
Davit

I hope to get to where you are some day and don't let my cores get to me to much but for now I am dealing with them and trying to change them..Not sure how but I am working on it.

I did find out one thing today that I wish I hadn't on a patient portal the new clinic has..I was checking on the health insurance that they put in the system on me and it seems that they have me down as having no coverage and that I will have to give them a $200 down payment to be seen by their new doctor on my first visit. It appears that they didn't input my insurance info correctly. It always seems to be something. Of course it is the weekend so I can not talk to them so I sent them email and voice mail for Monday and asked them to call me first thing..Anyway I canceled the appointment with the new doc for now. I guess it is good I found out about it now..I hate surprises like this but at least I won't have to deal with having a big fight with them when they ask me for money that I should not be paying them. I guess it was, to good to be true and wishful thinking on my part that all was well..Must if been my intuition and not anxiety that was kicking in earlier today and telling me to make sure all my ducks were in a row..

You are so lucky that you have the health care that you do in Canada and don't have the extra stress of worrying about health care coverage like I do here..I think dealing with all the stuff  that I have too that is related to my health care coverage would cause anyone to have lots of anxiety. I am so glad that you can focus on getting eye surgery without having the added stress of this kind of stuff...That would be considered a luxury for most of us down here.
Our health care system is mess. A tangled web of deception..Kind of like Medusa with her many heads.

I wish you luck with your surgery..When are you having it done?

Red..

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I don't have that problem, I used to but now since I don't care enough to worry I have to put everything on a sticky in my computer and check once a day.  But that is all, just once a day. Then do something else. I have a calendar in the computer that would check for me to reduce the stress but there isn't enough to worry about. Like the cataract. Since people can not always be counted on if I can't see I will have to go to the hospital and someone will have to feed the cats.
Done that before, but after I go through the stress of getting them fixed I will be able to see again and take care of myself again. I'm finding out too that my core that says I can only depend on me is pretty true sometimes. More is the pity. But it is my fault for not being social.

Davit
Feeling a little anxious and scared today with all the changes I am making with my providers and clinic.
Deep down I am thinking and hoping these changes will turn out well and my logical mind tells me that these changes are good and at the same time those nasty little negative scared thoughts want to keep playing over and over in my head. It is this fear that makes me want to crawl out of my own skin and run..but that is not possible is it. Fear of the unknown does drive me crazy..I have new patient appointment on Oct 8 and that is a long way off..and that leaves a lot of time for negative thoughts like, What If this happens or that happens, what if  the changes I am making and decisions I have made turn out to not be as good as I though they would be..The past experiences I have had have created some very negative core beliefs for me and I sure wish they would go away and shut up..Not sure if the 10 questions list will work for me on this one because these anxious negative core beliefs all deep. I can feel down to my core..

I am hoping that I can concentrate on something else. That way I can give my mind a break and distract myself for while. Then maybe I can break this cycle I find myself in..I am really tired of living like this..This is not living at all.

Red

Red..

Reading this thread: