Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Bad time

11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sam,
I have been experiencing the same thing. The past couple weeks have been some of the worst panic attacks I have ever had. I have also had the feeling that I don't want to be left alone either, which is new to me. I know everyone has probably given you advice but it truly helps if you have at least one person you can talk to about your panic. I have a friend that is so supportive and allows me to call him anytime; night or day. It really helps and he listens and gives me advice.

The best to you and hang in there. Keep us updated to progression and regression.

Erin
11 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi SammieGirl08,

Sorry you haven't been feeling yourself over the last few weeks.
We appreciate you coming on here and sharing your story.  Continue to look around the forums, as there may be some information most relevant for you.

As for our program, it is evidence based and proven to work if you do the homework involved in the different sessions. Unfortunately it is not a quick fix and is meant to be around a 12 week process.
There are tests that can help you better identify what you've been going through to present to your physician next time you go and there is plenty of information with the follow up homework to help you challenge anxious thoughts to help reduce/get rid of your panic attacks. The homework will help you break that cycle from thoughts, to physical event and hopefully get you back to where you feel more like yourself.

Good luck moving forward, continue to check in and let us know how things are going.

Matthew - Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I haven't posted on here yet. I have been having quite a bad experience the past three weeks. I have had panic attacks before, but the past three weeks they have been a constant episode I have been to my doctor many times and they have put me on beater blockers and citalopram.  I haven't been able to be on my own and if I am I end up in pieces. My hardest thing is trying to break the cycle right in the middle. I can't. I have a little boy and am a single parent. And I feel like this is destroying me. 
Sam 

Reading this thread: