Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

New

11 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Blondie,

I was afraid to tell my husband as well. I made excuse after excuse why I couldn't drive, or go to public outings, ect for years before I finally told him just how hard it was for me. I did not keep it from him because I thought he wouldn't understand, I kept it from him because I thought I was going crazy lol.

He is SOOOO supportive of all of this now, but sometimes I think his support has made me worse in some sense. He knows driving is hard for me, so he always does it, he knows the grocery store is hard so he always takes me. I never wanted to put more stress on him than we already had. We have a business that is very stressful, and after economy went crazy, it suffered severely. Once I did tell him, I felt relief just to be able to say how it felt, but sometimes I wish he had kept making me push a little harder. He is the BEST support though when I am having an attack he sits with me, holds my hand and reminds me it will be gone soon, just stay calm, and breathe. He is always right, and it does go away!!

I say all the time that I have no idea how anyone can do this without support. I hope that by being here we can take some burden off our families by sharing with one another our success, and even our failures. It will make us stronger if we all stick together on this, and work this program together.

Thanks everyone for listening to me ramble :) :)

11 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lizelle- welcome to the group. i am also new to this site but i feel that in the long run it is going to benefit me. I also looked on the site and read stories of how people overcome this or have in general felt a lot better just by using the program. I wish you all the best with your recovery:)

Shelley- Welcome to the group. I am also new and i just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the program. If you dont mind me asking I would like to know what kind of medications that you have tried? I take lorazepam .5 mg when i am having a rough day but i also have citralopram. I have not tried the citralopram because i am scared of the side effects:( Hopefully i will get the courage to take them just to see if they benefit me. Good luck and keep me posted:)

Mandi
11 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lesia
I feel exactly the same with my husband. He's the best. At first I mostly kept the severity of my attacks from him.
I was scared, because face it how much could he take before he had enough? I thought he would get fedup. But ever since I became more open, he just got more supportive. When I get my attacks he help by doing my breathing exerice with me. Hy suffers from Sinus and sometime his nose is blocked and he struggels through the breathing in part, At the end we laugh so hard I forget about the attack! LOL.
Strongs to you. We WILL conquer this monster.

11 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lizelle,

I am also new to the site. I have only been here a few days and have found some great resources here, and the people are great!! For me just knowing the site is here, and doing my homework as I work through the course will hopefully help me meet my goals.

It's nice to have a group of people that know what I am feeling. Even though I have the best family ever, and husband that is totally supportive, I am still never sure he knows the level of fear that I have sometime!!

11 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lizelle I have just read your post as i am alsonew. Living in the fear of panic and anxiety is the worst part. I my self have also been on medication for 4 wk have nt really had a good time lately but the tablets are helping a lot. Am getting married on Saturday so hopefully all will be well Shelley
11 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lizelle,

Welcome to the group. It sounds like this is a perfect fit for you. Many members start out in very similar situations as you. This program can help you. Start on session one and take your time working your way through. Be sure to do your homework. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy only works if you do the homework. Post often, you don't have to go through this alone. If you have any questions be sure to let us know. Also set up a rewards system for yourself. Reward yourself for completing sessions and for reaching goals.

You will start to see results within a few weeks. You will soon have control of this Lizelle! How will to feel to have your life back?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lizelle..
 I just stopped by and saw your post and wanted to say, Welcome to the support group..Glad you found your way here and have started reading the program..You are already off to a great start..This program has helped many me included and I am sure it will help you too. Hope to hear more from you on the boards as you work through the program.

Red..

11 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi
I'm so glad to have found this site. Sorry my english isn't the best, but I will try my best. I realy need this.
I had my first attack in March this year. Been to the ER four time, sure I was dying of a heart attack. Eventualy
they found my attcks to be panic attacks.
Ever since my first attack I'm still sure every ache in my body will be serious and I will die.
I'v been to a psyciatric clinic, wich helped tremendous. But the anxiety still continues. Before I was attmitted I had up to six full panic attacks daily. In the last month I only had 3 full blown attacks, but live in fear every day of my life.
As soon as I wake up in the morning I look for signs in my body that may be serious.
I'm taking Talomil 20mg in the morning and 50mg Trazedone in the evening. So I sleep well.
Started the program today and already it was a huge eye opener.
I'm sure this will be my cure!

Reading this thread: