Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

My introduction

12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samantha, Red, and eles7,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! It's been difficult admitting to myself that I need help, but I'm glad that I've come here to get it. I'm already encouraged by the support I've seen exchanged here in the forum and what I've read in the program. My job requires me to do a lot of things that now make me really anxious (traveling, public speaking), so I hope that I see some results!

- Carolyn 
12 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The hardest part for me was being diagnosed by a psychiatrist. Although this disorder runs in my family, it was hard to hear that I would have to deal with this the rest of my life. It is still a struggle and I don't reveal this to many people in my life because of a lot of misconceptions about panic disorder. Hopefully you will find the help you need here.
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi CarolynL,

Welcome to the program and support group..There's lot of great people here..It's nice to have you here.

Red...

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CarolynL,

Thank you for introducing yourself, welcome to our online support community. You have come to a really great place to receive knowledge about panic, support and encouragement. Get started by browsing the forums, and then start reading the panic program we have available here. Work through the program and you will see excellent outcomes. We are here for you if you have any questions or need support. 

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself a bit. I'm Carolyn, and I've been dealing with anxiety for about a year and a half now. I've always been a relatively anxious person, but it got really bad last year when I was planning my wedding and starting my first year of graduate school--obviously a really stressful time!  I've only had a few full-blown panic attacks, but I have anxiety and associated physical symptoms on almost a daily basis. Usually, I feel tightness in my chest and am short of breath, which is obviously really uncomfortable. I try to practice some deep breathing everyday, and recently took the step to get officially diagnosed with GAD.  Joining this site is my next step forward to hopefully combat this anxiety for good--I'm ready to feel like my old self again and enjoy life like I used to!

Looking forward to talking with you all :)  

Reading this thread: