Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

feeling stressed

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
selena

CBT works but you have to want it to. And it is a bit of work. Basically it is changing your negative thoughts and actions to positive ones. You are your worst enemy and you can make or break what you get out of the program. You will notice others struggling to get better but you will also see their progress. We all start out more or less where you are. And those that stick it out will get to where I and the other cured persons are. 
It is basically a changing of the way you think. Those that get nowhere can not change their thinking. Or they don't want too. ( subconciously or otherwise ) The first couple of sessions usually give some relief if you are receptive. The forums are a great help for support and information. Or just to vent. We are here for you. We can and will help. But you have to need and want it. The program has a good record of successes in this field where it is so easy to just drop out. It really is easier to take some pills and give up but they will not cure you.  The program can and will if you stick it out.

Davit.    Just a member like you and all the rest.
12 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the words of encouragement everyone. I am sick and tired of living every day in fear have something horribly wrong with me and dying. sometimes wonder if anything will work. but  im trying to be positive
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Selena,
I'm glad you found our forum.  As you can see there are very caring members on this site that are always around to reach out and support others who have experienced panic & anxiety.

What resources do you have available to you that would help you adjust to your new community?  
Meet new people?  
Continue to post with us and let us know how you are doing! 

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WELCOME Selena:  I hope you study the CBT program offered on this site.  It is the best therapy for anxiety and stress.  You can take it at your own speed.  Nobody to keep up to.  I've had panic attacks for several years but am now free of them, thanks to CBT.  It helped me understand what was happening to my body and how to overcome it.  Good luck and keep posting.  Ask as many questions as you want, even if you think they might be silly.  We've all started at the beginning!  Hope to hear from you soon.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Selena.

Well you certainly describe panic attacks right on. Yes most of the people feel the way you do in some form. I'm one of the cured and I was way worse. Two solid years of panic attacks every night. Been there. So know that this program works. If you put in the time you too will get cured. Don't be fooled by the fact it is free, it is good.

So welcome.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm Selena I'm 33 anD have suffered from anxiety and terrible panic attacks on nd off for about 10yrs. I get better than stress triggers it again. have been so stressed. my grandmother died in november was pregnant with my second child in a rocky relationship that in december we reconciled and relocated away from family know no one have a 4 and a half month old baby who was premature due to high blood pressure and he was in hospital for 3 weeks and have a 4 year old daughter who misses my family. so stressed anxiety is so bad can barely leave the house swear have every disease known t man feel faint all te time and think somethings really wrong I can't sleep.my doctor thinks its from my situation and being isolated. hate to be in my own skin sometimes just want t feel normal. anyone felt this way

Reading this thread: