Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,657 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE

Hello

14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jimmy,

Glad to see that you are challenging those thoughts. It's good that you are writing those thoughts down and challenging them on paper, this way you can really see what is going on in your mind. Have you thought about keeping a journal? Or updating the blog on this website once in a while, it can be a helpful tool to help you move forward.

Come back often and let us know how you are doing.

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Asperger's Syndrome is a high functioning form of autism (I'm not sure entirely what it is, all I know it is like you lack social awareness and stuff.) I have a list of things I want to talk to my therapist about. I kinda got off track of the program, (ran out of sheets and just got lazy, but I am back on my medication, and I see progress. Before I wasn't challenging my thoughts, I was just hoping they would go away and stuff, but now I am writing my thoughts down and trying my best to challenge them. I'm kind of in the mindset if I don't go out and do something everyday with my friends or whatever, that I am avoid situations, but lately I have been changing this thought, because I don't have to go out every single day. I also have changed my pattern of trying to base my situation off other people's, and then getting sad that they don't feel the same way I do. My doctor said everyone is different, and not to try to compare yourself to other people, (I'm still doing it, but I am trying to change that, like I said.) Thanks for listening guys!

Jimmy
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Jimmy.

I read your profile and your goals are the same for the rest of us so we will really want your input on how to achieve this. Every body has different ways of dealing with these issues because everybody is different. Over the last little while we have had some unique treatments surface and some major improvements. If you don't mind I am sure we would all like to know how you are treating this Asperger's Syndrome and if there is any thing we can do to help.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jimmy,

Its good to hear that you are speaking up and talking to your Dr. and getting the help you need.

Red
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jimmy.

Thanks for sharing. You have given me something new to look up and I may have questions about it.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for sharing that experience with us. It is good to hear that you met with your doctor and were able to express everything you were feeling. We are always here to listen and support you. Work through the online program. It is a 12 week program and involves several tools. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. Again, thank you for opening up and continue to check in.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey All

I've posted before in this forum. I went to the doctor yesterday and really told her everything I felt. She said I have a dissociative disorder based on everything I told her. I was thinking it was more than just panic disorder, and this confirmed it. I have Asperger's Syndrome and had a lot of issues go on in my childhood, and I think this caused this to happen at 16 and I never really sought treatment till now. Well, thanks for listening guys and girls, :).

Jimmy

Reading this thread: