Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie,   Where do you live? Is it possible for you to look into subsidized health programs or free clinics where you can work with a doctor or therapist? The feelings you describe seem fairly intense and it may be something for you to consider to seek a therapist or even some mild medication to help you through your anxiety.   You have been through a lot and I thank you for showing the courage to share your story and reaching out for support. Please post here as often as you need to. There is a lot of support and comfort offered here and as you work through the program you will learn a lot about yourself and how to manage some of the negative thought patterns you are experiencing.   Good luck,     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,
 Thanks for those kind words, but going to my doctor is not an option, if it was just me, no bills, family or anything I'm sure that it would be best for me to go to some centre for a while but such as life not possible. I hope that with people like you I can get on with my life and stop my feelings of helpleness, impending death and wanting to harm myself at times.

Still trying to figure out why I feel the way I do, I mean I can be happy chatty on the outside but feel really low on the inside and want to cry.

Hope to speak to you soon

Julie
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you have had a tough life up until now. It seems quite understandable that your experiences have left you with so much anxiety.  

15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the board!  It took a lot of courage to post your story here, so congratulations on that step!  Feel free to post away where ever you like, additional opinions/thoughts are always welcome.  Look forward to seeing you around!

Cheers,

15 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie

Welcome - I hope that you find comfort and support here like I did.  There are wonderful people here to chat with and share your story and journey with.

You have been through some very terrible things in your life.  You are a survivor and show great courage by coming here and sharing your story with us.   You are obviously strong willed and that will help you on this road..

Have you talked to your doctor about your feelings?  Depression and anxiety often go hand in hand especially after trauma.

We're here to listen...

DM
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Julie and welcome,   It is ok to share your experience with us.  The members do know where you are coming from and can be of assistance to you.  Take the time to look through the program and see how it can help you progress.  Are you working with a doctor or therapist?  Take the test and bring a copy to them, it can help assess  your situation.
  Ask questions, look through the program and start being active about your progress!  We are always here to help and listen, so know that you can lean on us.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone,

My name is Julie and this is a big step for me. For as long as I can remember I have felt low but able to hide my feelings from family/friends and husband. I usually have my attacks when I am alone, I feel like my heart is going to race out of my chest, I feel dizzy and fight hard to keep a grip on reality.  At times I feel like it's not really me as if I am in some dream and in a daze.

My story is nothing unusual, I was raped when I was 17 and have been sexually assualted several times, I have been attacked and tried to be dragged away and my sister tried several times to commite sucide befoe eventually being successful.

Even by writing this down I can feel myself becoming faint and my heart is racing. Still woke this morning having cried in my sleep.

Sorry to have laid this down just wanted to let you know where I am at.

Julie

Reading this thread: