Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Coping Skills for Living in Isolation Indefinitely Due to the Pandemic

2 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I am careful with covid too but I still try to live my life. We can't stay hermits forever!

If your vaccinated and you take all the precautions then you should be good to go!

2 years ago +1 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting this topic. It is so important and I'm certain others are feeling the effects of isolation. It's important to weigh the risks when deciding how to limit yourself during the pandemic. Have you talked to your doctor about activities that should be avoided? I want to caution you on limiting yourself too much. Doing things outside the house can be very important to our overall health. There are many things we can do that is very safe as well, especially when vaccinated. Exploring nature outside is one option.

Having a hobby farm would be amazing. Seven years is a long ways away though. I think finding safe activities outside the house and safe ways to socialize will be key.

I enjoy cooking, artistic hobbies, meditation, exercise and gardening as ways for me to cope with isolation. I still meet with a few vaccinated friends as well. I might be taking a pottery course in the spring. The class is small with safety measures in place, so it is worth the risk for me. What is everyone else doing to cope?

Thanks again for posting Shari!

Ashley

2 years ago (Edited 2 years ago) +1 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

My name is Shari and I successfully completed the anxiety program back in 2014. I live in the U.S. and the reality is that COVID will be here long term. For the last two years, I've been coping by keeping busy with hobbies at home. Until the pandemic becomes endemic, I won’t be traveling, attending festivals, or going out with the exception of getting food and supplies. I need coping skills to continue living in isolation indefinitely. Thank you.

Well, here's what I've come up with so far. I'm choosing to stay home. Personally, it's not worth the risk. Over time, I'll get to the point where I won't think about it anymore. It will become a normal lifestyle. I'm resilient and I've adapted every year and I will continue to do so. So, I'll eventually get used to the new way of life.

Also, my grandparents lived and worked on farms their whole lives. They didn’t have money for vacations, or to go out. When we retire in 7 years, we’re getting a 5 acre hobby farm. We’ll keep busy with a vegetable garden and other hobbies.

When I was a kid, I played on a farm my whole childhood. It’s a familiar lifestyle, not something to adjust to. Upon retirement, my life will come full circle.

Reading this thread: