Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Introducing myself and my anxious thoughts

6 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Pax!

Thank you for telling us a bit about your journey with anxiety. I am very sorry to hear about your cat. Cats are like family members to most people so I can see how this is causing you anxiety. This program can help you get control of the anxiety - it will not prevent anxiety completely but it will help you to manage it at a healthier level.

It sounds like you have a lot of insight into what has caused your anxiety. Keep your history in mind while working on the program. You might also want to check out our sister site www.depressioncenter.net. This site is based on CBT but it is a bit different then the content in this site. The DC site covers cognitive distortions and core beliefs which are often developed by past life events. Trauma can have a big impact on our core beliefs which can colour everything in our lives. I would recommend working on the DC site only after you completed the program on this site.

How are you finding it so far? Have you had a chance to work on one of the sessions yet?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey man, hope everything is well. The website is amazing for actual learning about panic and anxiety. However, a lot of people do not use the online support groups or at least do not check the boards reguarly. supportgroups.com is a great site for all types of categories like panic, depression, money problems, health issues, etc. Its great!
Add me on there and we can continue to talk. joshb063 is my username. 
6 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone.
I have never joined a forum like this before, but it feels like a synchronicity that The Panic Center showed up in my research, and I definitely need a community. 
In all honesty, my 11 year old cat has brought me here.  He is having chronic health problems, and the flares in his condition cause tremendous anxiety.  I have gone through "seasons" of anxiety and panic in the past, the first panic attack I had was at 4 years old.  The first big season was when I was 21 and came down with a type of Epstein Barr virus, which rendered me very weak and depressed, which also brought about panic attacks.  There were childhood traumas to be dealt with, and I don't think I really processed them out entirely, but rather avoided the deeper wounds and just got the ball rolling again.  Now I am 50, having the expected hormonal changes and am experiencing anxious thoughts and panic whenever this beloved cat of mine doesn't seem to be doing well.  There is intense worry, tightness in my chest, deep sadness and a fear that he will die in front of me.  Panic cycling for sure.  
Anyway, I'm just at the beginning of this journey with the Panic Center, but I thank you for listening and wish you all much success and peace in your work.  I know we all just want to feel better.  xo

Reading this thread: