Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Medicine question

17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!! I'm new to this, but I'll tell you what I'm taking. Not that you should go and ask your doctor to change your meds. It takes a long time to find exactly what works for you. I'm on Paxil and have been for about 5 years. Started out at 20mg and was only taking 10 mg when I had my last big attack. I went up to 30mgs a day but found that it was just too much. I'm slowly taking myself back down to 10mg. That seemed to work best for me. But I also use Ativan. It's only 1mg pills and I usually only take half when I'm using it. It's for when nothing seems to relax me and I just can't get out of the fear and panic. But it makes me sleep. Within 30 minutes I'm out cold. But that's what I'm looking for when I take it. I just want to go to sleep and forget everything for awhile. Not sure if this helps at all, but just wanted to make sure you knew that it will take time till you find the right prescription and dosage.
17 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi members, Great discussion here of the various medications. Remember, as individuals, what works for some may not be appropriate for all. We always remind members to also discuss any medication concerns with their health care provider. Casey ___________________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well i tried ativan and kolonipin and they were very wrong for me. They made me feel to sedated for to long. It just didn't feel right. I now take a small amount of xanax to take the edge off. I take it dailey which sucks cause i know it's addictive. But i don't misuse it. It does help me when my anxiety is bad in the evening. But everyone is different. Goodluck.
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there im on avanza im not sure but i think it is mitazapan its a antidepresant it works ok but makes me sleep alot i have a valium there which i only use when attacks come on they work well but are as you know very addictive so i only use when i have to i would also like to know the best treatment to use so keep in touch if you like and we can see if we can get some answers cheers dave
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My doc told me that Xanax acts faster, but doesn't last as long. I use Ativan. It takes about 30 minutes before I feel anything and 45 before things improve significantly. I do get drowzy, but other than that, I usually feel pretty normal. It's a tough choice. Fast acting or longer acting. I haven't tried Xanax so I can't speak from direct experience. I don't know about Klonopin.
18 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi trnimout22 ! I actually cannot give any advice because I am not on any medication. I am taking homeopathic (natural) remedies for this. So i'm not familiar with the medication. Just hang in there, people will post soon! ;)
18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I guess nobody here has an opinion on this?
18 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi trnimout22, Thanks for posting your question. As moderators, we are not able to provide advice regarding medications, but fellow members will be responding soon with their experiences of these meds. Please also be sure though to consult with your doctor about these medication concerns. Your local pharmacist is also a great resource for this type of information. Casey ______________________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can anybody explain the difference between Ativan, Xanax and Klonopin? Which one is best for anxiety/panic? Which one lasts longer? I was wondering if there is any difference or not thanks for you help.

Reading this thread: