Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Vertigo

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JayDee

I sometimes get a mild vertigo more like a lag in my bodies movements. More like being clumsy. It is a nuisance is all but in times past since it is related to how anxious I am it could have gone into panic. It is probably related to fight or flight in an attempt to stay still and hidden yet still function. Body trying to do two things at the same time. They do pass. There have been worse things in my life. Like the Flu which I have not had since My Arthritis developed. I still remember it though. 

I must go do some weeding before the heat hits. This morning I will switch to two different sprinklers in an attempt to keep the whole garden from drying out. No possibility of rain for at least a few days.

I keep a few prepared meals in the freezer for bad days and always a bottle of water by my bed so I don't dry out if I have to spend much time there. 

Davit

9 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

Thank you. I could have gone to Dr on Thursday if I had called and told them I had Vertigo. I figured this time I would just wait it out and try a holistic approach to it. It was a long few days and the flowers suffered for it, but it was also good simulation therapy for me. I had no plans on spinning in a chair. I wonder if subconsciously, my brain figured I needed to do that part of the homework...LOL! Each day is better as I have been doing a youtube video to help move the crystals in my ears. Today I feel just a little off balance and only if I move quickly.
Jay Dee

I'm sorry to hear your vertigo is that bad. Mine never lasted more than a day even when it was so bad I had to lean on a wall.

Davit
Hi Ashley, 

After watching the video Cardio Tech posted, I noticed another in a link to the right which showed a woman kneeling on floor looking up at ceiling, then she put the top of her head on floor and turned her head. I tried it the first evening and actually fell over onto my side. The vertigo was that bad. I slept sitting up that night. I tried it again yesterday morning and repeated it several times during the day. Last night I was able to sleep at an upright angle. Today I am able to move around more freely with some slight imbalance. Thank you to Cardio Tech and you for the helpful links. I will try the Epley maneuver tonight now that the vertigo isn't as bad.
9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi JayDee,

Vertigo can be very scary. I get it quite often myself. Check out this article: http://www.webmd.com/women/news/20040712/simple-home-remedy-for-vertigo-works. This works for me - I normally feel better the next day after I do the exercise a few times. I do the exercise by myself but if you feel you need assistance please seek out some help.

Actually, I just realized it is the same exercise as the link Cardio Tech posted. :)

Hope you are feeling better today. How are you?

Ashley, Health Educator
No I haven't.  Wonder if it would work if I done this myself and how difficult it would be without assistance.  It's been a long day feeling immobilized. 
9 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you had the Epley maneuver done to help realign the crystals in your ear (if that's what's causing the vertigo)?  You can watch this YouTube video to see how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZgUx9G0uEs

No remedy that I know. I find it annoying but can do nothing but wait for it to go away.

Davit
I rolled over in bed about 4am and the whole world was spinning. I started to feel my heart race and quickly started my breathing exercises. I felt nauseated and was sweating. I've had this in the past so I knew what was happening with the vertigo but it took a lot of effort to not have a panic attack and to get from the bed to the bathroom. It's been a rough start to the day as I cannot turn my head quickly or look down without the dizziness being brought back. Dr is not into today, so I have to cope with this until I can be seen.Any home remedies besides pretending I'm a statue?

Reading this thread: