Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

medical appointment blooper

16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Georgie, Don't fret! Every job interview is a learning experience and they all help you grow as an individual. Take some time to reflect on this experience. If you are feeling really uneasy about it, you could always call the doctor and speak with him about the appointment. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree, you were honest and upfront with things, way to go, you are a brave person.
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello georgie, well my dear rant away . I personally would be very proud of myself if i were you !! You were honest , just got very flustered by the sounds of things . Most of all you actually WENT to an interview WELL DONE . :) Wish you luck , if you can please let us know how you get on . x
16 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
not sure where to put this one.. anyhow, today i had my medical check for work and of course i told them i take zoloft for panic/ocd. since it's a sensitive issue or something i started getting teary and then ended up crying. afterwards i was in such a state because i sat in front of the dr whilst she liquid papered out the ticks on the form "i believe this person can do the job" etc etc. of course, being a bit flustered i said the stupid thing, "oh i would type and delete and re-type things" in relation to the ocd and i am doing a bloody admin job!! i have to get a reference from my GP who im 99% sure would say i can work fine there but argh i feel a bit annoyed at myself and embarrassed that i just cracked it for no reason (which when i said this to the doc she said it showed i'm still emotionally unstable (not that term but similar)) this is just a vent and probably doesnt make much sense. i guess i got all worked up.. a bit too much. *breathe*

Reading this thread: