Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Citalopram

16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Corryn how are you doing now ? They sound like they are working abit for you .
16 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the advice, I am due to go back to the doctors after a month on the drug but would like to go back sooner as I really want to try to sort this out so that it dosent happen again when I come off the drugs. I am feeling a lot more normal now and am on my way to recovering I think, though I am suffering from hart paputrations and 'crazy legs'! It feels so great to have the anxiety gone for most of the time though I feel quite euphoric!
16 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. The trouble with all these drugs is that it does take the body some time to adjust to them and some do cause unpleasant side effects. There are lots of drugs that can help out there, and sometimes it takes a while for you to find the one that suits you. Its definately the right thing to go back to your gp and tell him how you're feeling, he needs to know anyway, and should be monitoring you anyway. It took me a while to find the right one for me, and now I take venlafaxine, but have tried citalopram in the past. What works for one tho' may not work for another !! Sp please have a chat to your gp, and maybe ask if he could assign you a cpn ( community pschiatric nurse ), they generally have a lot of experience if the various drugs used today, side effects and so on. If you have agood one they can be worth their weight in gold, and mine was definately a large part in my recovery. Hope this helps.
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Corryn, As moderators we are unable to prescribe medications or give medical advice. Try checking with your doctor and pharmacist for information on side effects and dosages. Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Finally went to the doctor last week and told her about my constant anxiousness and was put on citalopram. This made my brain ache for the first two days, though the anxiety was gone like a big weight off my sholders. My vision has also been effected. Yesterday though I strted to get the shakes and felt anxious again and today I woke at 3am in a panic and had another at 9 and have been feeling really terrible and shakey all day. Cant stop crying. I was suposed to go in to school tomorrow to work with the children but I cant see it happaning now, which means I wont be able to go to the interview for teacher training and I am really dissapointed in myself. What are other peoples experience of this drug - does it get better?

Reading this thread: