Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

BAD START TO NEW YEAR

16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jo , sounds like you are having an awful time of it . I said the same thing as you this year . I wanted a really fresh start . Two Christmases ago i lost my 3year cousin ( his nana and gramp died a couple of months earlier ) Thats ehn i started getting a panic/anxious disorder . I fought it for so long and was looking forward to a fresh New Year this one past and Bam in december i had a misscarriage and lost ,my nan in a week . Now im back to being the axious wreck i was two years ago . But AM determined to get better . Pain dosnt help you , i have a back problem myself and am on the waiting list for Physhio (went a couple of years ago and agree OUCH . You do leave in ten fold the pain you went in with). Would rather be in pain than axious though for some reason . Any hows . I hope you are feeling better . Here for chats if you want to :)
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jo, You've got the right idea to start out on the right foot after so many negatives events. Take some time to sit down and come up with a few goals that you would like to accomplish this year. This will give you some direction and set you on a path to success. As for you injuries, don't push your body too hard. Talk to your doctor, chiropractor or physiotherapist to create an exercise plan that will help you get back into good physical condition without hurting yourself again. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, I wanted to start this year in a positive way, as last year was very bad and my Husband lost his Dad just before Christmas as well, I got this chesty cough thing that has been going round here and I actually tore a muscle and ligaments in my ribs through coughing so much that was so painful I could'nt move so I was'nt able to do anything for about 4 - 6 weeks to it all healed, then decided to go swimming only managed to do 10 lengths because of my rib and woke up that night with terrible back ache, my lower bacck was really stiff, I could'nt sit down it hurt really bad so was standing most of the time and going for walks well this been going on for 5 weeks now, have'nt lifted anything because of my rib, went to Doctors who said for me to go to Chiroprater and Physio went to see one last Friday after Doctors and she took one look at my back did;'nt even have to touch me and said my Pelvis was out of position on the side that been painful a lot and all the muscles had moved into the Pelvis position of frozen basically, so she did lot of massage and manipulation and when I got up she said was much better but I'm in real pain now I guess its the muscles of all the work and massage machine going back this week but I never had anything lilke this before so its made me all anxious, Saturday i was preparing dinner and suddenly freaked out not being able to feel my hand but I could when I pinched it was really scared like something was happening to me , so I been feeling not with it, like everything a bit strange and odd, sometimes I feel like my leg is funny and I carn't feel my foot but I can, maybe its cause my back making me anxious as this is all new to me, I carn't sit, stand, lay down nothing is comfortable feels like I been kicked on one side, I'm not allowed to do anything at the moment and am really worried about putting something out, so I spent all year so far having something wrong not like me, so fed up now as I just want to get back to normal, run around, go swimming, play badminton etc, I have been doing all this with my bad back not knowing that my Pelvis back out, no wonder I could'nt walk the day after swimming and playing badminton. Sorry for rambling on.

Reading this thread: