Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

depersonalization and just sick of anxiety

16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lindzardz, As the others have already wisely mentioned, you can get through this - use the online program to help you overcome these thoughts. You mentioned that you had been doing well recently, let that success give you the strength to again work on overcoming your fears. Keep us posted, Casey ____________________________ The PC Support Team
16 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
diva, Hey I know what you mean when you were talking about not being able to do the things you used to do anymore. When i was in high-school, would take diet pills just to see how it would feel, and if i did that now, i would be panicing and taking my vitals like i just ate rat poison!! I used to be so outgoing and adventerous!! I couldnt wait to leave my small hometown in oklahoma and travel, now, im so afraid to go to far away from my family and what is familar to me. I fear that i will never be able to go anywhere without my mother holding my hand. It sounds pathetic. It really does make me sad. My friends have noticed a change in me to, but they just make fun of me and call me a hypochondriac, i laugh along with them like it's funny but in my head im saying dam me why cant i just be normal!!! so yeah, you are not alone i promise.
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear lindzardz, I am very sorry to hear of all the hardship you are going through atm. I wish I had great words of wisdom for you to help. I know how hard setbacks and/or relapses can be. My heart really goes out to you. The only words of wisdom I can seem to find tonight seem so inadequate but I will still say them in case it helps. Keep it up with the program it really can help you. don't be afraid to reach out whether it is with your family, your psychiatrist, your friends or us. Hang in there, be kind and patient with yourself, love and respect yourself, trust that you are your own number one hero and that you can get yourself out of this and remember that this too shall pass. Also, remember that [b][color=Purple]you are precious :)[/color][/b] Sorry if I could not be more helpful. Take care. -Diva
16 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey for these last 2 weeks I also have been going throw a set back I know how you feel. what I have been doing is the seasons and it has been going good and im also going to addend a place here in Toronto called Camh. you should see if they have a camh where your from cause there sopped to help. im really not good in giving advise. but I hope I helped a lil bit but if u need anything else my name is mike and I would be glad to help u with anything else hope you feel better. Mike
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so i posted a few days ago about how i had a pretty tough relapse and felt a lot better than kind of feel like i may be relapsing again...the last couple of days i had started to feel better again (after fearing another relapse) but then today i woke up kind of off...i have been in the middle of finals and trying to figuring out money stuff for school and just overall feeling stressed. i have severe depersonalization at times and most of the time i always have it in some form. since my last relapse, ive been having a hard time just trying to figure out who i am and feel comfortable in my own skin. everyday i feel vulnerable in my skin and in the world. i dont feel safe a lot of the time. not paranoid unsafe, just feeling very close to a mental breaking point (even though this is unlikely). i worry constantly about getting worse and i feel this can happen at any moment. what i dont understand is this past week i felt great- like i could do anything, i felt prepared, i felt much more safe and i felt like little setbacks wouldnt get me but today i feel very out of body and very scared about the possibility of it getting worse just looms over me...like this wont pass.....i know how i talk to myself really changes how i perceive whats going on with me and how it makes me feel....but today i cant let it go and i cant change my thoughts about it all. in a few days one of my very good friends from australia is going to be here for a month and for some reason this is stressing me out even more. when i met him, we were backpacking through europe and i felt like a totally different person- i felt strong, i didnt question my existence, i didnt fear life and i didnt fear my anxiety. but im in a whole new mindset now and i dont want to disappoint him...and i want to be who i was then...but im not. i dont want to be fearful like i am now. i was willing to do anything during that backpacking trip but here back at home i have rules set up for myself and ways of doing things to decrease anxiety,....and i hate it. theres just so much i think about...ive been on meds, they never feel quite right but i also know i need to be doing a lot of the work....i have been but im having such a hard time working on myself when days like today make me feel like months of work just goes to sh*

Reading this thread: