Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Heart palpitations

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lorlee, You have received some great experiences and advice to your question. Take the time to look through the site and advance your knowledge and begin to challenge those thoughts. Josie ______________________________ The Panic Center Support Team.
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing that wholesale, it really did help put things in perspective for me :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Although I know that heart palpitations do happen (and also that this is normal and not dangerous), sometimes I THINK I'm having heart palpitations when I'm really not. I figured that out once when suddenly, in the midst of feeling all panicked about "heart palpitations" I was having, I got the exact same sensation on the other side of my chest! SO... unless I have 2 hearts, what I was feeling that time must not have been heart palpitations! Haha. I felt pretty foolish. But it taught me something. Now, when I feel heart palpitations, tightness in my chest, etc., I try to remind myself that a) if it IS a heart palpitation that's normal and not dangerous... it can't make me pass out, and I'm not going to have a heart attack, and b) it may not actually be heart palpitations I'm feeling at all! It's probably just muscle tension in my chest muscles or something. Sometimes I still don't believe me, but other times it helps.
Np it is my pleasure and hang in there! And yeah i know how frustrating this is ! So be good to yourself and keep me posted :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diva, I just wanted to say thank you for responding to my post. I find you to be quite supportive of all of us. It gets so frustrating as you well know dealing with the health issues that come up for us. Thanks again!! :)
I get heart palpitations. It seems worse when i am tired or stressed out. The way i deal with it is just to remind myself that it is uncomfortable but not dangerous. I am sorry i have no better advice for you. Take care and keep us posted on this :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Over the last few days I have been experiencing these alot more often. I had a very stressful situation come up on Saturday and they seem to have gotten worse since then. My holding my breath technique is not as effective as I had hoped. Does anyone else get these and if so how often in a day? Do you also get them with more frequency as you near your cycle? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Reading this thread: