Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Feeling depressed with my relapse

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lorlee, As you can see you are not alone. Just as your fellow members have mentionned, it's normal to feel a little sad after a relapse. We have a sister site that may be helpful to you if you feel it is deeper than that: www.depressioncenter.net Hope this helps. Danielle ______________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We all have setbacks and this is part of the process of recovery. All you can do is accept that you will have setbacks, get through the day as best as you can, do something you enjoy if you can. I make myself walk to the shops and buy something, could be milk, a bar of chocolate, anything, just so I have a purpose to go out on a mission! What really makes me feel better is, if I can, watch a movie with a pot of ice cream, indulge myself and pamper myself. It is a bit like being wounded and you need to heal yourself somehow. Only you knows what makes you feel better at the time. Be kind to yourself and remind yourself that not all days are always bad. Good luck
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ever since they substituted my sleeping pills ,my Depression has been increasingly getting worse. The manufactuer of Starnoc (my original sleepingpill) decided to stop production and a new pill was substituted from the pharmacy called Imovane. It is the worst pill I have ever taken , it tastes like you have a piece metal in your mouth 24 hours a day. Drinking water which is what I drink the most of seems to increase the taste. I have to have a spoonfull of peanut butter to try and get back some of my taste. My psychiatrist wouldn't change my other medications for my panic and depression until I have a months worth of using that sleeping pill. So he can see if the pill is working with the other medication and my CBT therepy. But the main problem is that I have been unable to attend some appts for CBT training because I am unable to cope with the depression rearing its head again. I have to take these pills for the whole month of March as my next appt with the psychatrist isn't till March 28. I already told him in February, that the pills are not working but he wants to see what happens for the month. In the mean time I am not able to do too much Immerssion work because some days I can't even get out of my apartment. So I feel that I'm letting myself down and my psychologist down also. And that just makes the depression get worse and worse. I can't stand myself for being this way, and I just want to get better so I can get back to work after 3 yrs. I would be more finacially set then just getting long term disability. Please let the end of March come quicker so maybe I can find the right combination to at least allow me to go back to a graduated return to work. Right now I cannot even walk near the store I work at because I have a full blown panic attack. Thanks for letting ramble on, I just needed a place to vent my anger and disappointment in myself because I'm not getting any better. But at least I'm trying to do some Immersion work. So hopefully I can try and resolve these issues and become a funtioning member of society again. Thank you for letting me vent. "B"
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Loriee, That depressed, lonely feeling , I know that horrible, lonely, feeling too, so I feel for you. Sometimes, when I get that way and feel so lethargic and down, I make myself a warm drink and watch TV. I find that a hot cup of tea with a piece of fruit or cheese lifts my mood. Another thing which helps me out of depression is I watch cooking shows a lot. This seems to work better than watching a comedy. Then at times, when I feel down, despite feeling tired, I take a short walk, even for 5 minutes, feel the air, I make a point to look at the plants etc, it helps. I find movement helps with improving moods. Hope some of these tips could help you Radha :)
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is ok lorlee, we all have those days. I know with my relapse i have had those days. On those days i challenge my thougths a lot. I end up challenging my fear of being deprezssed and my fear of not getting better a lot on those days. Plus, i distract myself. I color, or read, listen to music, send e-mails to firneds! anything, distraction helps! But i know how it feels, i still struggle with it. So my heart goes out to you and i am sorry you are having such a tough time today. -Diva
17 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am finding I am feeling depressed alot with my relapse. I am living in fear every day and feeling like I will never have a life. I know what I am feeling is normal but some days are so much harder to deal with. I can't seem to stay focused on anything. I am trying to find help in my area with not much success. The two places I could go to are quite a distance away from where I live. (makes it hard for someone who can't get on a bus alone)Sorry to be such a downer today.

Reading this thread: