Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Vivid Dreams and Zoloft

19 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sam & All- I am so glad to hear that I am not alone in having vivid dreams. I daily wake up able to remember 4-6 very vivid and often violent dreams. I too feel like I am "not sleeping at all" or in another dimension. I often wake up with a huge sense of relief relizing the dream isn't real. These feelings have been augmented since I started on Paxil in the Fall of '02 for anxiety, panic, and depression. I also struggle with mild O/C tendancies. My therapist has helped me with my dreamwork by using the Gestalt Method which may help you understand some of the subconscious thoughts that go into your dreams. It hasn't stopped all my unrestful dreams, but I do noticed a diminished number of them when I use Gestalt. I hope this helps others out there with disturbing dreams.
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi MaryJane, Regarding your concern about the Zoloft dosage, please keep in mind that everyone is an individual and will be on different dosages. From your posting it sounds like you are questioning your doctor - if you are unsure of their actions, your pharmacist can be a really great resource to find the information you are looking for. Then you could go back to your doctor with the pharmacists' findings if you still had any concerns about the doctor's prescribed dosage. Please keep us posted. Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary Jane, I am not really sure, I think each dose is for the individual. 200mg seemed high for me as I have been very sensetive to medications. You hang in there. Sam.
19 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Umm you said 200mg is high for zoloft. I have been on 350mg for the last 2months, and that was suppose to be the highest dose. Am i wrong? cause i truely dont think my doctor knows what shes doing nor cares. :quest:
Thanks Sammi, Its always good to know you are not alone. I have been on the Zoloft for about 3 months slowly going up in dose because I am extremly sensetive to these meds. I will keep going as all my other symptoms are much better. Thanks for the encourgment. Sam :)
19 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sam, When I first started taking zoloft I experienced the exact same thing. I was having terrible nightmares that seemed very real. It didnt last very long though, Maybe a month or so and it stopped and I was sleeping just fine. I guess it just takes time for your body to get used to the new med. How long have you been taking it? Maybe if you can stand to give it a little more time it will get better for you. Good Luck to You, Sammi
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone eles experienced vivid dreams with Zoloft that it almost seems you have not been sleeping at all. My psych seems to think this may limit the dose I will be able to have and because I have OCD I will need a high does of 200mg and it looks like I may have to go back to 100mg. This is all a bit scarey as I have tried so many drugs and this is the only one that seems to be helping. I also think the dreams may be because my husband has been in hospital for the last week and this has increased my stress. Anyway if anyone has similar problems it would be great to hear. Ok I off to sleep now. Sweet dreams. I hope. :confuse:

Reading this thread: