Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Back to work on monday

11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sea-b,

Thanks for sharing with us. You need to take it one step at a time! Work with your employer and add some extra support.  You need to be trained if you missed it, this will ensure you are top notch for the job they want you to do.  Continue working with your doctor and don`t be afraid to work the program as well.  It`s free and very useful.  It can help you progress forward.

Remember to post with us!  The members do know where you are coming from and can really be of great assistance to you. Grab your coping mechanisms and support and push forward.

We are always here for you!

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, at the beginning of December I got a job at a call center and all was fine until I had a panic attack at work which was on Jan. 4th or so and I have not been back to work  since then. My DR. gave me a week of work but said she didn't want me avoiding work as it would only make things worse. Well i'm super anxious about returning to work everyone else in my training class has had a lot more hands on experience and I've missed close to two weeks as I had the stomach flu then have been on a medical leave for my panic & on tuesday my class is suppossed to be able to be on their own without extra help and there is no way i'll be able to do the job without extra floor support - on top of all that my mum & step-dad are going through a seperation so things at home are tense and stressful. I almost think this is not a good job for me at this time as dealing with angry customers is a tad stressful as well and probably isn't healthy for me while i'm trying to improve my mental health... I'm also still worried about having a panic attack at work my Dr has given Ativan but I really don't like taking medication & don't want to have to deal with co-workers asking me why I haven't been at work. 
Although a few days ago I had a breakthrough with my panic attacks - I felt  it coming on and for the first time I wasn't afraid & wanted it to come on so I could just be done with it - ten minutes later my symptoms were gone and I felt normal. To say the least I felt extremely accomplished - this was at home though and having a panic attack away from home always scares me a lot more and I just want to get out of where ever I am and go home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

- Sea-b

Reading this thread: