Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,565 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DeeTart, PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE

exposure work on thoughts

12 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok thank you both very much. im going to try that. ill try the 10 questions and making some cards or something to take with me, with my anxious thoughts. i write them down on my challenge work sheet but they are a little bit big to take with me. the thing of it is, is gues, is to figure out what truth there is to my anxious thought and how much of it isnt true. i can tell my self that its not true even when im pretty sure that its not, but making myself believe it is a completely different story at times. most of the time it seems like i have a constant fear all day long and sometimes i think its because fear has became a habit as one of my emotions. what would be your take on this?
12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is a great suggestion Hugs.

Also m33 use the 10 questions to challenge these thoughts when they arise and remind yourself that much of the symptoms you are experiencing are anxiety symptoms.  

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Mike,

What I do is carry thought record photocopies in my wallet. When I get an annoying thought, I’d go to a private place, fill in the record. With time, I became better at coping ,and could cope with the thought without writing it down. Also, if you work with someone, they’ll help find a a pattern.

One great suggestion was to write a “coping card”, so I could deal with the nuisance thought, and have a recurring “rebuttal” available, in my wallet.

12 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have posted this basic same question a couple of times before. i am really having trouble doing exposure work on thoughts. my biggest issue is not specific places, it is my thougths that i have my biggest fear. i can go places , most of the time, without any trouble. no matter where im at my thoughts follow me. im not so worried about having a panic attack where i go. 

so here are some of my anxious thought's and if someone could give me some specific ways to do exposure work on them i would be very great full.
1. if my throat starts to feel tight or hurt a little, i thing its throat cancer.
2. if i feel a little more tired then usual, i think its cancer or something serious.
3. if i get a head ache or my ears start ringing, think i have brain tumors.

it is all fear of health. i am a hypochondriac. so i know that it works a little different then other anxieties. so there for my exposure work has to be a little different as well. can someone tell what exactly i need to do here? Thank You.
Mike. Oh ya, by the way, my profile says im from Canada and i cant change it. im from the U.S.

Reading this thread: