Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Turning a negative into a positive

12 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beautiful!
Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Ashley....

Thanks for the positive response...

In answer to your question..There is so much this has brought to my life..I could not list them all here..
The easiest way to say it is..

Peace and Serenity...

I am now able to focus on the positives in my life and the world around me in stead of the negatives and anxiety...

Red

12 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love it Red!

This post made me smile .  So very true.  Now that you are able to do this, what did it bring to your life?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One thing I have learned from this program is how to turn a negative situation in to a positive situation while doing exposure work, for instance.

When I am out doing exposure work like going into a crowed store I have learned that exposure can be a very positive thing and you can relax and have fun doing it, if you look for the positive...Like when waiting in a long line at the check out, I pick up a magazine and read it while waiting in line..I enjoy reading the magazine so it becomes a positive and a little reward too..When browsing at the crowded book store, I pick up a few books and look at them and relax and have a good time...When at the doctor or dentist office I am now able to pick up a magazine or what ever they have to read and let myself relax...a little reward you might say..
The list goes on and on and can be a positive experience if you look for the positives.....

Red

Reading this thread: