Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

moving forward

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

It is great to hear about your wonderful day! How exciting about your enrolment in the quilting class! That will be great to get back into sewing! You will have to keep us posted on your quilting experiences.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck Red - I hope you sign up for the class.  The anticipatory anxiety might be getting you right now, but once you are there you'll be okay.  If I may make a suggestion:  do some deep breathing, relaxation exercises before going out and again when you get home.  And don't forget to reward yourself for venturing out into some new territory.  I'm excited for you!
14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today has be a really good day for me.  I was able to start thinking about my future and make so moves in a positive direction.   I have been trying to find a new interest a new passion.  I talked earlier today about wanting to learn how to quilt.  Well today I went on line and found some quilting classes in my area that will be starting in May.  I got brave and made some calls to some of the quilt shops and they were very nice and informative.  I got out my sewing machine tonight after like 15 years cleaned it, oiled it and started sewing with it.  I am finally getting to know and learning how to use my 1978 singer sewing machine again. I had always used and preferred my mother machine. Their is going to be a event at one of the shops tomorrow and I am trying to get brave enough to go check it out.  It is getting late here, its after midnight so I had better sign off for now.  I just wanted to share the good news with everyone.  Good night everybody and have a Happy Easter Sunday.
Taking it one baby step at a time !!!
Red

Reading this thread: