Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

continued adrenaline

8 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi thanks catherine.i usually have my laptop and i play silly facebook games when im up to it.i find that helps distract me.i did try card making at one time but found it too tiring for me

i might invest in some more uzzle books i used to do them at night yrs ago when i couldnt sleep.good idea thankyou
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry to hear you have so much to deal with. If you cannot leave your bed but can't sleep at night, have you tried keeping fun stuff close to your bed so you can pass the time. Like books, colouring books and colouring pencils, knitting, crochet, etc? 

I find sometimes just plain distraction can help. Pair that with relaxation and mindfulness and It would be a good mix!
hi thankyou for your help.i will look up some more about relaxation and nindfulness

the problem i do have is i am disabled.i cannot use my legs much due to nerve damage.i also suffer fatigue so spend many hours stuck in bed so when i cant sleep its awful as i am too tired to do much else and dont like to wake my family to ask them to help me get up or anything.they are fed up of my panic attacks and anxiety as it is !!

i think it helps me to know the adrenaline is normal at times even though it just feels like one continued panic attack after another
8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nightinggale,

The section on relaxation techniques would be good for you to review. Also, mindfulness might be something that will be helpful to look up. Exercise like Cardio Tech suggested is also a great suggestion. When we are in fight or flight mode (anxiety) our bodies natural instinct is to do something physical. This helps to decrease the stress and relax the body. Catherine and Davit's suggestions are also great.  Let us know what you find works for you.

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Any change will do. I get up and make a cup of tea which I'm not going to drink, just to switch my mind off what is making me restless. Of course if I have cookies I might have a couple and the tea.

Davit
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometimes the best thing to do when you are tossing and turning in bed is to get back up and do something quiet like read or watch tv, Then when you feel sleepy you go back to bed. Anyway, it's what I have been told.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find exercise really good for getting rid of the excess adrenaline or agitation when I'm anxious.  Now...I wouldn't recommend exercising at 4:00 am.  However sometimes when I wake up early in the morning before work and can feel myself being a bit anxious or agitated, and I know I wont get back to sleep, I will get up and exercise on my elliptical machine for 45 min, and then, depending on how much time I have, I may do 40 min of yoga.
hi i was wondering if anyoen else has trouble switching of the adrenaline feeling even when the anxiety or panic has passed?

and any tips how to make it subside quicker

i had another panic attack today fueled by a stressful event and anxious thoughts.even when the event was all over like usual i couldnt sleep.its 4am and i cant switch of.i dont feel nervous or anxious anymore as in i dnt feel panicy not even anticipatory fear but i feel jittery shakey and unable to relax despite knowing im ok now and everythign is ok

sleeping is always difficult for me after anxiety.i cant switch of and i often get jerked awake when i do drift of.like spasms.it happens every time and makes it harder to cope.once im properly asleep i wake up and the adrenlaine seems to have left then

Reading this thread: