Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,617 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE

New and need some fast answers Please

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dom,
Nice to meet you. 
I agree that anxiety is the worst thing I can feel. But it is not as scary as it first has happened to me. The sudden change in your lifestyle after your 30's could have cause some stress for you. It's great for you to have come here. After much venting I've learned a lot about myself and hope it goes the same for you. Let us know how your appointments go.
Best wishes. 

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dom,
Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time lately...but you have come to the right spot.
Have you started reading the education sessions yet? ..or are you waiting until your Cardiologist  visit is over?
When you had that  chilling sensation episode....I've had  something  like that too...It could have ben caused by hyperventalation...(that's what the dr. told me)  I know how scary that is.
As for your fear of taking man-made drugs..you're not alone, although I don't use pot...there was a period in my life I couldn't even swallow a Tylenol. I am on Citalopram too... for 2 months...20 mgs a day..the first week was rough I'll warn you, but if you stick it out it may be of great help to you.  10 mg. is a pretty low dose.
Do you think this is a Wake-up call for you to change your unhealthy lifestyle?
Good Luck with Thursday, See you here
Cleo

13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Domb1972,

I'm glad to hear that you consulted a physician in relation to your recent pain.  Seeking professional medical advice and adhering to their recommendations should always be the first thing you do. 

I want to commend you for reaching out to us.  You will soon see that this forum is full of great people and advice.  As well as a great online anxiety program you can work through. 

What I understand from your post is that you are worried about this being anxiety.  Sometimes anxious thoughts are so automatic that we don't even notice they are there.  Taking a focused look at the your thoughts in the situations you described to us will be a great first step in effectively dealing with similar situations in the future.  In the online program there is a symptom tracker that will be very helpful in honing in on what may be triggering your possible anxiety.

Please write here as often as you like as we will always be here to help and please take a look at the online program.

Jason, Bilingual Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Sounds like you may have a pinched nerve when you do certain movements..  Maybe check into a chiropractor and see if he/she can bring about this sensation.  Maybe that will put your mind at ease if they find something... Also, i have been to the ER 4-5 times for panic attacks/chest pains and all blood tests and heart tests are good.  I HAD to trust what the doc is telling me, if not, you will still worry that something is being missed but it's not.

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Domb

I would have thought you would know that weed reduces sex drive. Or at least function. Pain and pleasure sensors are very close together. What blocks pain blocks pleasure. I know, I'm on pain killers. 
Panic can manifest itself in any number of ways. If back pain will keep you from doing some thing that gives you anxiety, even if it is subconscious then it will happen as a preservation tactic. Why not take the pills and see if it goes away. By the way it will take up to two weeks before you see results. In the mean time why not look for what you are doing that you really don't want to, because I think that is probably the root of all your pain. Doesn't matter how big you are we all got the same size brain. We all have the same potential for panic which you describe quite clearly. Welcome to the site and welcome to the club so to speak. By the way Valium (diazapam) is a muscle relaxant and anti anxiety. Neck pain is common with anxiety.
And yes panic attacks were the worst thing I ever felt, to the point I wanted to kill myself to get away from them.

A very much better but not cured yet,

Davit.
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not had the pain but when I stand up fast I do get very dizzy. I did that while weeding in the garden a couple times today. I gave up caffeine as well, I only had three beers yesterday. I am still smoking cigarettes but do not smoke anything else.

It is a scary feeling, have you thought of going to see someone to talk to? I normally thrive on stress at work but for some reason for the past year it has pretty much made me freak out, I know there are other things in my life and maybe all of it together is what started my anxiety. I was put on celexa a little over a week ago and I feel the same way you do about taking them but I was letting the anxiety take over. I actually called into work a couple days and never call in.
13 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all

I am 37 years old and my story is I was always a very over active guy meaning I was wired to just GO and GO my sex drive was one the ladies searched high and low for I could go and go again and again and so on. Never any problems then when i was 30yr old settled down and married I went to pull myself up in bed and my heart started palpating my wife rushed me to the ER and they admitted me for 3 days and ran every test there is all test came back normal and healthy. I was released and went back to my normal unhealthy life of going hundred miles an hour drinking on occassion and I started smoking weed I found it slowed me down and made me relax. well after 4 years of being a daly smoker I was sitting in the living room and I had a chilling sensation start from my head to my toes I turned white as a ghost and started sweating ALOT ! It was hard to breath , My wife called 911 and paramedics came rushed me to the ER and again all test were done even had a stress test done on my heart and I was told I was healthy. But from that day my sex drive dropped to non-exsisting, still carried on with my unhealthy life style of drinking smoking and working alot.

Well  here it is 15 months later and 4 weeks ago I am sitting sitting on my couch in my living room I get a sharp pain in my mid back I get up and go to the kitchen and it hit me it felt like someone just pulled the bones out of my body everything just went weak almost passing out and falling down again I went white and started sweating my head felt like it was not attached to my body and I just started shaking uncontrolably. Again I went to the ER only to be told I was healthy all test CT chest x-ray,blood test were done and they found nothing ! So I come home 2 weeks later exact same thing happen to me was in the garage working on my sons RC car and I got that sharp pain stood up and again about passed out went real weak white sweating, shaking. And agin to the ER this time they found nothing again but admitted me over night I felt fine by morning and my reg Dr. came and seen me and said she thinks I am having Anxiety Attacks so she release me from the hospital, and the following day I go see here she gives me 800mg motrin for the back pain and citalopram 10mg tabs.

Now yall are gonna laugh at this but I do not take man made drugs dont like em I had the ordered filled and sitting here looking at them but have not taken them, instead I made an appointment with my Cardtioligist  amd he has scheduled me for an angyogram for this thursday to check my arteries and heart to just be safe. I am alittle worried about putting myself thru an outpatient surgery but thought better safe then sorry. I have quit smoking cig and weed its been 2 weeks now (what hell this is) I have also gave up caffine and my loved coronas(beer) My sex drive is back but still worried my heart doc is going to tell me my heart is fine becuase if he does then this means I have to live with having Axniety attacks and GOD IT IS THE WORSE THING IN MY LIFE i HAVE EVER FELT!!!!!!! I am a big guy 6' 2' 260lbs never backed down from a fight very macho to put it in words but this makes me feel like a little baby crying for his mommy. I am a good person no stress in my life good job, great wife and 2 of the best kids a dad could ask for so what do yall think? Has anyone had these symptoms? The pain in my neck and back has not went away I go to work but then home and on a heating pad and I am taking the 800mg motrin 3 pills a day(every 6 hours) never had a problem with my back but I just have not heard of Back pain with Anxiety but then again this is all new to me. Any help would be greatly apprecieated. sorry for the typos.

Thanks Dom 

Reading this thread: