Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Anybody Taking Klonopin and or Paxil

15 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brandie,
I take 2 mg Klonopin a day, I used to take 4mg, but tappered myself off.  I remember 9-10 years ago when I started taking Klonopin, I was young, about 11, I can't really remember being dizzy, but I do remember sleeping A LOT.  I would take a nap or several naps a day which I still do.  I was also on Paxil once upon a time, and I can't remember why I was taken off, maybe it just wasn't working.  Talk with your doctor, and your pharmacist, and I would continue to use these forums.  I wish you the very best of luck!  Stay strong.

-Tara
15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much Genejockey. I do believe i am noticing a difference after just 2 weeks. I still am a little dizzy and foggy, but maybe not quite as bad. I had my eyes checked, they were perfect. I went to an ear, nose, and throat doctor and he said my ears are perfect and that Klonopin, Paxil, and Anxiety does and can cause one to feel off balance or dizzy. So I am relieved to hear from you about this. Thanks so much
15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brandie

I am on Paxil or a generic of it. In the beginning it made me quite dizzy, lightheaded and sort of dreamy. I made me feel really tired as well. I was almost narcoleptic! Which I loved because I am quite an insomniac so this made for a nice change. I have also experienced sexual dysfunction (shew- thank god this is anonymous). But your body does adjust and belive me it works for you it is worth it. I was getting better from panic attacks thanks to this program but the meds really made a big difference. I now still have allot of GA but I am almost incapable of experiencing a full blown PA. Give the meds some time. Hang in there. I only began to feel better after about 6 to 8 weeks and even after that the doctor had to up the dose to 50mg.

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No problem! Yeah, it took me a while to adjust to my new medication. And every change of dose is an adjustment for the body too! And don't forget, if your doctor does not give you much info, your pharmacist can give you some great info. I know my pharmacist is super knowledgeable! Hang in there! 

Thanks so much Diva for your insight. I'm thinking it may be my body adjusting to the paxil. I've only been on it 11 days. I've not taken the Klonopin for a couple days just to see if I was still dizzy, and i was so, I think it could be the paxil. I see the doctor tuesday so I will discuss it with him. It could be anxiety related too. My doctor seems to be one that just uh hu!!

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brandi,

I take Clonazepam (Klonopin) PRN. I have not had dizziness associated with it. But that is just me, everybody reacts differently to different medications. I cannot take paxil as I am allergic to it. But I have started and AD (anti-depressant) lately. The AD made me lightheaded and a bit dizzy at first but then as my body adjusted I felt much better. I suggest you talk to your doctor. I also suggest you talk to your pharmacist, they usually have great info!
15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brandi,

You can do a search through the forums for experiences that others have shared on this medication.  Do also talk to you pharmacist and doctor regarding side effects and dosages.  They have excellent knowledge to assist you.

Josie, Health Educator
Hey Guys and Girls!!! I just started taking 20 mg. of Paxil at night and .5 mg of Klonopin up to 2 times a day. I have only been on them both for a week. I read on the Klonopin bottle that it may cause dizziness. I did not take it for a day just the paxil and still have the dizziness. It's an all day affair. It might just be more like lightheadness. Does anybody remember their experiences with either medication when they first started them. Of course being dizzy is causing me more anxiousness. I had my blood pressure checked and it was 122/70. So I know it was not low and I had ate so I know it couldn't be from that. I phoned the doctor and they said to break the Klonopin in half. So i'm going to try that tommorrow. I just filled in with the Xanax for today since I was already dizzy and I know that don't make dizzy or too tired.

Also, If anybody has any tips on relieving the dizziness, I'd appreciate hearing them. I really want this medicine to work. I've tried a few and so far this one doesn't make me too tired, or too much more anxious than i already am, other than the dizziness part of the anxiety.

Reading this thread: