Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Heart and chest pain

15 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GERD-Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a form of heartburn) symptoms beside heartburn is chest pain, difficuilty in swallowing. IBS-Irritable Bowel Syndrome (nervous stomach with frequent trips to the bathroom, usually with loose stools).

I do think Karen gave good advice that you should seek the advice of a doctor. It could be many things, the tender/soreness could be caused by the panic attacks, if you constrict your breathing, which makes your heart pound harder-especially if your having multiple attacks, you might have a touch of bronchitis or pleurisy. It might be GERD, etc. Best to journal or print off the symptom tracker diary to show to your doctor, to show how often, the degree of severity, your symptoms, etc.    

15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

what is GERD  or IBS and what are the symptoms? is it treated easily?

thanks

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nikki,   these symptoms you describe are not normal especially if they are uncomfortable and cause persisting pain. Chest pain of any sort should be checked out by your doctor.      Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karla,

Might you have GERD? IBS and GERD are very common and co-morbid with panic disorder.   

15 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

hey nikki

i get these chest pains to, there so uncomfortable, iv had them today and it makes me panic more because you think there a heart attack, im trying the brathing to the diaphram thing where you braeth in and push to your stomach and hold and then breath out. it helps the pain, soreness and shooting pain for me anyway.

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Nikki,

I did have chest pains due to anxiety or panic, still do sometimes. When my anxiety was really bad I had it so often. It can get better I assure you. As for the insomnia I get that too. I also get palpitations and they get worse with stress. Hang in there. Thing is all these symptoms are alot less scary to me now when they happen and they do not happen as much as before, by a long shot! This can get better. Hang in there!
15 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
during and after having multiple panic attacks my heart seriously feels sore like i just got punched ..or someone is sitting on it...also with my lungs and my back my whole chest area is sore and i don't get it....i don't know what to think....it's like its sharp pains....and soreness and tenderness....i am soooo sick of living like this it's getting harder to cope...grrr.....i have insomnia casue it won't let me fall asleep so i have to stay up to the point of exhaustion....palpatations are a pain too.... does anyone feel soreness in their chest? even after and attack?

Reading this thread: