Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Need Help Choosing Med

19 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are so many meds out there you will find something. The bad thing is the med that might be attractive to you because of a specific side effect it does or does not have may not work for you. I have trie Paxil with no weight gain and I am on Effexor now with no weight gain other than that when I started to eat again. I started Klonopin today and I feel fine. It is calming me good!
19 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy, Good for you! Doing research is a great way to have all the knowledge. Please check with your doctor about which medications you should be taking. You are a step ahead and can advise him of your findings. Don't be shy and advise him of your concerns. From here you can work together and decide what's best for you. Hope this helps, Josie
19 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been seriously researching all the medications that are available for Panic Disorder/Anxiety and I am baffled by all the different ones available. There are three main concerns I have regarding a medication: 1. I have 2 young children at home so it CAN NOT cause sedation. (Drowsiness) 2. I am already overweight by 100+ pounds and DO NOT want to gain ANYMORE WEIGHT!!!! 3. I want something that has low chance for side effects and doesn't take long to taper off of. Does anyone here know of anything they would reccomend? My main diagnosis has been Panic Disorder w/Agoraphobia, but I also suffer from depression. (I think that may be caused by the anxiety itself.) Also, are there any weight loss drugs I can take with an anti-anxiety med? Or any med for anxiety that causes weight loss? Please help!!! I want to know what my best options are. All advise welcome and appreciated! :-D

Reading this thread: