Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Anger

19 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have times when I get really angry without a good reason too. At the time it seems like theres a reason but later on when I think about it, it seems so silly that I let things get to me so bad. I am sure that anger and panic/anxiety are tied together.
19 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks. I was doing some research last night and I have found some information on anger attacks. They say that they have a direct correlation with panic attacks. The research says that you can have an anger attack in response to your panic but with different symptoms but in the end you feel the same. Cool stuff huh. LOL Thanks for responding
19 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have noticed the same problem. Before having the attacks (and even now) I would feel like I could jump right out of my own skin. Sometimes forno reason, sometimes because of friend's kids behavior or my own restlessness. I just started taking Lexapro last week (after finally figuring out I'm having panic attacks and getting the nerve to see my Dr) and I notice no difference yet but I'm hopeful. Hang in there.
Thank you all for your support and advice. I think alot of my anger is from my anxiety. I start feeling extreme anxiety and then whatever situation caused it makes it worse. I am trying to find different doctors and therapist that can help me with this because I never experienced it before the disorder. Thanks again.
19 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wouldn't necessarily say that I experience EXTREME anger (ya know, like the Incredible Hulk). But I definitely experience frustration and feel like I could scream. The interesting thing is this: I seem to only experience it when I'm focusing in on my anxiety. It's like any noise, conversation, etc will bother me UNLESS it has to do with me and my anxiety condition. If someone were to come up to me and tell me how to completely eliminate anxiety I'm sure I wouldn;t be frustrated with them. So, what I get from this is that I get so focused in on my anxiety condition that I tend to shut anything else out. And what does that tell me? My anxiety condition isn't worth the time and effort that i give it. Just thought I'd share. I think we all get frustrated and angry from this condition. It takes its toll on ya. You'll be alright but definitely check with your doctor in regards to your medication and the dosage you're taking. Be well! -Tony
19 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cbruckman, Keep looking for someone that will give you a correct answer (Doctor). Your anger maybe a direct effect from your meds, or perhaps there is an underlying issue that needs to be addresses or exercised. Keep trying for answers, and perhaps try to remove yourself from the situation that angers you. Once you are calmer, you can re-enter with a different state of mind. Also you may want to try relaxation techniques when you feel the anger coming on. Relaxation techniques can be anything from a walk, run or jog, or even a bath or good book. Please continue posting, we are here to help you, Josie
I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing extreme anger at times with the Panic Disorder and Depression. I have had Panic disorder for a few monthes now and I am begginning to cope well now with it. I have had bouts of severe deppression also. It seems like now that the depression has lift but I am plagued with sever bouts of anger towards the people around me. My wife and child. They may get into an arguement in the house and my anxiety levels go through the roof. I ask them to quiet down and try to calm down and they won't. The kid will start screaming. I will get extremely angry to the point that I will punch something. Never my family. I will have to leave the house because I am afraid I am going to loose control. This has happened numerous times. I don't know if it is my meds or what. I have told my doctor and he just blew it off. I am currently trying to find another doctor!!

Reading this thread: