Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Jelly Legs

20 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jelly Legs, First, please check with your doctor. Describe what is happening exactly. Are you on any meds? This could also be a factor effecting your anxiety. Have you tried relaxation techniques? What about breathing techniques? For tonight, prepare by reducing your anxiety level as much as you can. A hot bath, some soothing music, a warm beverage can help. Tomorrow do sign up for the Panic Diary where you can record your daily level of anxiety. You can also find how helpful it is to use breathing techniques to help you deal with your panic and anxiety. Hope this helps! Take care, Josie
20 years ago 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greenmile, Yes especially early in my attacks, that is the exact position I was in constantly, rolled up in a ball paralyzed feeling. Actually my husband picked up cues afterwards when I was overwhelmemed with anxiety before attacks would come, because if I was sitting, I tended to sit on one leg, and draw the other one up to my chest. And he would point it out, I wasnt realizing this myself, but we finally could address that stage, to start drinking cold sips of water, talk about something other than panic, and use the breathing techniques, something else that I can decipher is if my stomach is not rising up and down, Im under anxiety, and do the breathing techniques to get it back on automatic to help offset the attacks.
20 years ago 0 239 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeh I do sometimes. I've done a featal position type attack only a couple of times. If I feel my legs go on me, in public in particular, I squeeze my buttocks together. It gets the blood flowing to your legs again, and it really works! You can do it standing still or walking, or even sitting. If I'm walking in public and I feel my legs go a bit weak I tense up one buttock at a time, in time with my steps. You kinda slow down your walking pace a bit, but appart from that no one would notice what you're doing. Hope this can help you a bit with the jelly legs. :)
20 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I have a panic attach. I start breathing heavy. my legs give way on me. I start shakingand my right hand draws in. The last on i had my husband had to help me up . I had no use in my legs. I usually can get in a featal position or lay flat on the floor. does anyone else have this kind of attack.

Reading this thread: