Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

A happy moment to start the good life!!

9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wooohoo!  Congrats Patches1952!

Enjoy your success.

How were you able to stay sober during the dance? Did you prepare for the event?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Patches, I've been sober for six weeks. And feel great!! Clear headed, exercising regularly, not getting moody (like when you are hungover)... wife said to me she likes the new me and saw a change in me. I did have two beers when I went out for dinner once. But considered it a great victory that I didn't drink more or really want more. Keep going!!!! K
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Patches! A very inspiring example of taking control back for yourself. Great work! Keep that focus moving forward and it will continue to get better.

All the best,

Dave
9 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I did it.  I am 1 week sober today and feel great.  I even went out last night to a dance and everyone around me except my husband were drinking.  I did look at the drink beside me once and thought oh that looks good but it was only a temporary thing.  I than thought no I don't need that!  My water is cold and I will feel much better in the morning.  I had a great time and really looked around and realized that some of the people drinking really didn't seem as happy as I was feeling.  Probably because I had faced temptation in the eye and beat him again.  I feel great health wise today and my sense of control over myself feels stronger.  So to ramble but I feel really good.  Thanks for listening!!  Is anyone else feeling the way I do right now?  I hope so....I feel great!!

Reading this thread: