Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Face-to-Face vs On line

8 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I say it's worth giving everything a try with an open mind, and stick with whatever works. And if it stops working, try something else ASAP ;) I used this site and other Internet forums, I also went to face-to-face meetings and sometimes a Skype meeting. I credit the AA programme with helping me stay stopped. People were supportive and the meetings helped me get honest about my drinking and take the problem seriously. Without them I'm pretty sure I'd eventually succumb to the thought "was the drinking really all that bad...?" and start over again.
8 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It was from an on-line news feed
8 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like an interesting article Gordo. Did you read it here somewhere? I have been thinking about online supports and how they have really filled a gap for so many people who do not feel ready or comfortable with face-to-face groups. Not to mention it is constantly available, and as such a great complement to face-to-face groups.
8 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting article.  I think they fail to mention that those who would not go to an AA meeting (and I have my thoughts about AA) but do go to on-line and are helped would not be otherwise.  However you do it, success is what is important.

Reading this thread: