Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Thank you

9 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it, don't be sad because your drinking is taken out your hands, I think you can enjoy without alcohol. I'm glad because I found this forum site I know there are a lot of help here. Now I'm becoming more desperate to stop my alcohol problem. 
9 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it, don't be sad because your drinking is taken out your hands, I think you can enjoy without alcohol. I'm glad because I found this forum site I know there are a lot of help here. Now I'm becoming more desperate to stop my alcohol problem. 
9 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI! so sorry to hear that you are dealing loneliness atm, but hey, look at the bright side, at least you are alcohol free which is good!

Anyhow, it has been a months ago since your last update, i hope you are doing good and continue your day counting without alcohol in your system!

Take good care!
9 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you feeling today daddyskippy?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Skippydaddy,

You are going to find a great joy in being with your kids AF it will bring you a sense of peace.  And you will find yourself with more patience and closer to your children. It's amazing how good it feels to be there with just them on holiday---laughing and loving their smiles. You can do this.  The first 5 to 7 day's are so long. I think once you get in the swing though of the rest of your life you will find you feel so good it's easy to not "jump down the drain" as I like to say again. You control your life---YOU control what you put inside your body. Keep that in mind.  Besides hangovers are awful, aren't they? Have fun with your kids. :-)
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi daddyskippy,

Great work on day 5! The first week is a very significant move forward. Those afternoon feelings you describe will lessen a lot and you'll begin feel a lot better. Funny how we feel resentful towards something that is causing us so much aggravation in ourselves. You'd think we'd jump for joy by not doing it. Stay strong.

All the best,

Dave
9 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you to the people who took the trouble to give me some advice yesterday iam now on day 5 feels like a lifetime, I am going on holiday wednesday and will be my first sober holiday looking forward to enjoying time with my 17 year old and my 3 year old and remembering what they have done, still finding it hard particularly in the afternoon, feel bored sad miserable fat low and my brain tells me a drink will make me feel better well it used too until I passed out usually after a major fight and wetting myself so I know sobriety is the only way but I feel sad and resentful that the choice to drink has been taken out of my hands 

Reading this thread: