Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

thoughts on the past....

9 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Because of working the program of AA, i am able to experience some of the promises the program has to offer. Few of those are:

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.

For me those are the stuff we share with new-comers so we can give them hope that they can recover too. They see that we have gone through the same torture, yet we are here, absolutely free from the demon. 
9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This morning I was having a few thoughts about things that I've done while on a binge....example 3 years ago this week, I fell by my house, onto the sidewalk face first and broke my nose, blacked both my eyes and tore up my sholder/neck/arm. I looked like I had gotten into an airplane crash! When an anniversary of something bad/hurtful I've done in my past comes up I almost relive it in a sense. I can feel the regret, it makes me sick it at myself.  Is this soomething that the sands of time will every bury? Or do I want it to be buried?
I feel like I "deserve" to beat myself up so that I don't act that way again.  Feeling that if I forget I am doomed to repeat it at some point and that is unacceptable to me.  I am so done with the whole life in the closet of a binge drinker. With the sick hangovers and hiding, anxious planning.  But when we feel strong and forget are we the most dangerous? Or do we forgive ourselves and forget it moving on with dignity? That's what would feel the best to have my dignity back....

That is my question to you all.....what are your thoughts on this?

Reading this thread: