Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

On day 14 and almost blew in yesterday

12 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy New Year Charmain,

Good for you for not giving into temptation.  It's not easy - but it does get better.

splitimage
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy New Year Charmain!  You're an inspiration.  I'm rooting for you!
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
charmain,

Happy New Year to you as well! 

Wishing you all the best for 2012,

Sonia
12 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks!!!!
Thanks Vincenza, and a Happy New Year to you and all the staff at the centre.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Charmain, 

Thank you for sharing.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Sobriety will help with the healing process.  It will be difficult as you go through the emotions tied with grief, but be gentle on yourself and let yourself react as and when you need to. 
Keep up the momentum as you head into the new year, it will be a time of more reflection and much learning. 
Thinking of you,
Yes, I thought about the remorse I would have after the slip, but it would propably take me another run that might last longer than I wanted to. I have lost the love of my life cause of alcohol and this time of year is so painful as I reflect on happy times with him in the beginning and we were together for 4 1/2 years. I was even sober when I met him.
I hoping that with sobriety my mind and heart changes and the hurt dissappears.
I know that drinking will just keep in the non healing place that I have been for so long.

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi charmain,   Way to go on staying strong and handling a situation that is often so easy to give into.  Can you share with us what you reflected on?  Happy Holidays!
12 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done.  Hang in there.  This is a difficult time of year for most of us.  Removing myself from the situation, even somewhat, is one of the few things that works for me as well.  You did well.  Congratulations - one day at a time.
I was surrounded by people drinking on Xmas day and thought to myself "just a couple of glasses of wine".
I found a quiet place in the house and reflected on the consequences. I have not been to AA yet as I have been sick
in my 2 week sobriety, but plan to go this Wednesday.
Any how I got thru but I do not want to be in that situation for a long time. Had to share.

Reading this thread: