Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Can anyone help me change my mind?

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wren,

The 40+ hours you stayed away from a drink is deserving of a pat on the back!  As Smiffy said, keep going!  You can do it.  Write up a list of things you can do to get your mind off and avoid drinking at home, like how much money you`ll be saving by not drinking, eating some food or drinking non-alcoholic beverages, cleaning the house, etc.  Review your Toolbox to refresh what you have learned so far from this program and keep posting here if it helps you stay away from drinking.

Stay strong and keep reassuring yourself that the thoughts and desires will go away on thier own,

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wren

Please keep going you are doing so well!  I know how you are feeling but I am alongside you.  You have gone so long now..longer than me and I admire you.  I took your advice and kept busy today and took the tree down!  Its  been a tough long long day  and I sooooo wanted to give in but have managed to avoid taking a drink.  Does your reading help?  Think about what you want out of your life..its so much more exciting than the dreaded alcohol.  You have been such an inspiration to me I just hope you can hang on in there. I know we have a long road but  try not to give up. take care xxx
15 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's Friday night.  I have managed to not drink for almost 40 hours.  I'm still at the office but as stupid as this sounds, I know I'm going to be drinking again before the evening is over.  I have delayed going home because that's when I'm going to start drinking.  I KNOW I don't want to drink, I want to quit, but at the same time I want to drink in the worst way.  So, if anyone has anything to say that might cause me to change my mind - please post fast!

Reading this thread: